Kiosk is an application that allows end-users to get an access code from a shared device (that could be for example a tablet or a generic touch-screen device) and use it to get Internet access from the Splash Page.
How it works
- The visitors register the sign-up page published on a shared device (we call it "kiosk page")
- The visitors receive a one-time code via e-mail and text message
- The visitors can now connect to the guest WiFi network and sig-in form the Splash PAge by providing his personal access code
Access Code expiration
Please note that each access code is valid for an hour. If the code expires, the visitors have to get a new one through the Kiosk.
The URL of this page is
where the id value depends on the single location: this means that each location has a separate page.
The Organization Manager is able to personalize the appearance of the kiosk page by entering some text, a background picture, and a CSS style.
Currently, it is not possible to customize the look and feel for each location.
Cloud4Wi Dashboard configuration
If you want to see your kiosk working, then you have to:
- Configure the "Kiosk" application (to let end-users get an access code)
- Enable the Splash Page to accept one-time passwords (to let end-users go online)
- Provide end-users with a shared device
Configuring the "Kiosk" application
This application is available only at the Organization level.
You can find the "Kiosk", if available, in the Guest Wi-Fi section on the left-side toolbar on the left, or in the Marketplace at Manage → Apps and search in the Guest Wi-Fi tab.
The configuration page in the Cloud4Wi Dashboard consists of two sections:
- Kiosk URL
- WiFi Settings
Kiosk URL is not a configuration section. It allows you to select a location and get the URL of the related kiosk page.
Personalization is a configuration section that allows you to customize the look of your kiosk page by setting some values, such as:
- Page title: main title message in the Kisk initial page
- Intro (optional): main welcome message in the Kisk initial page
- Languages (you can set a default one and enable other optional languages)
- Timer (this the auto-redirect timer to automatically redirect the kiosk to its initial stages after aa successful registration)
- CSS: use your custom CSS to personalize the style of the kiosk page
In the WiFi Settings section, you can configure the name of the WiFi network where the visitors should connect to get access to the Guest WiFi using the code just generated.
- SSID: this is the network name
Enabling the Splash Page to accept access codes
All you need now is to enable the Splash Page to accept access codes. To do this, please go to Guest Wi-Fi → Login profiles, open your login profile, stay on the Sign-up tab and set the One Time Password Login option to "Enabled".
As a result of this action, the input field for the access code will appear.