Nearby is an application that can be displayed on Welcome Portal which allows you to display a list of points of interest (such as cafes, restaurants, parks, cinemas, railway stations etc.) that are located near the access point. The various categories of services can be easily enabled through the Admin Panel.
This application fully integrates with Coupons and Geo Chat applications, in order to give an improved experience to end-users and create a real community. The application displays on the map:
- all the access points belonging to all the Venues of the company
- all the end-users who are using the Geo Chat application in any Venue of the company
- all the coupon campaigns created with Coupons application by any Venue Manager of the company.
Admin Panel management
To access the Nearby application, click on the quick access toolbar on the left Manage → Apps → Guest Wi-Fi → Nearby. From here it is possible to configure the application to display the desired items on the map. It is possible to set the following options:
- Access points: by setting this value to On, you can display the location of your access points on the map. Vice versa, by setting this option to Off, no access points are displayed.
- Visibility: through this option, when the Access points option is set to On, it is possible to specify the visibility rules for the access points.
- If the set value is Company, all the access points belonging to the company are shown on the map.
- If the set value is Venue, only the access points belonging to the Venue are shown on the map.
- Places: by setting this value to On, you can enable end-users to show on a map all the points of interest configured through the Choose categories of interest option described below. Vice versa, by setting this option to Off, no places are displayed. There is a huge number of available categories and you can select a new one by clicking the Add category button, scrolling the window and selecting the appropriate checkbox.
- Choose categories of interest: through this option, when the Places option above is set to On, it is possible to specify up to 15 categories of places and services to show on the map.
- People: by setting this value to On, you can enable end-users to show on the map all online Geo Chat users who connected in the same Venue. End-users are placed on the map according to the access points where they performed the authentication.
- Coupon: by setting this value to On, you can enable end-users to show on the map all the coupons created with the Coupons applications. The visibility rules are the same configured for this application (please see: Coupons).
These actions can be performed by the Company Manager or delegated to Venue Manager. For further information about delegation settings, please see the article about Apps.
The application will display up to 60 places nearby the access point where the end-user is connected.
The application works also for end-users who did not perform the authentication on the Welcome Portal. Anyway, only logged end-users are able to explore and navigate the map. Unauthenticated end-users can only display a static map.
Through the top-left menu, it is possible to filter the types of the items that are displayed on the map. The available options are:
- Showcase: access points, coupons, people and places are displayed on the map.
- Coupons: only available coupons, created through the Coupons application, are displayed on the map. The visibility rules are the same configured for this application.
- Access points: displayed according to the Visibility options set in the Admin Panel (as mentioned above).
- People: all the online Geo Chat users connected from the same Venue are displayed on the map.
- Places: only points of interest are displayed on the map, according to options and categories configured in the Admin Panel (as mentioned above).
The second button lets you switch between a text-based list (List view) and the classical map view (Map view).
Then, it is possible to use a classical search filter in order to find particular items or categories on the map.
Coupons and online chat users are displayed in a map if the corresponding options are enabled in the Admin Panel.