This guide shows how to configure an Open-Mesh Access Point, in order to use it as a HotSpot.
Please note that the images contained in this article may contain outdated configuration data. You must check the data contained in the article "Parameters for the Solution" at the bottom of the page, as they are certainly up to date.
This article applies to the firmware version v4xx. Currently the firmware version v5xx is not supported.
The following models are supported:
- OM2P series
In order to correctly integrate a Open-Mesh Access Point with the Solution, it is necessary that:
- the device is connected to the Internet
- WAN and LAN interfaces are correctly configured
It is recommended to update your device firmware to the last available version.
You may choose to configure the device to automatically receive and install last firmware updates.
Accessing the AP
Please allow access to the device through the web interface.
In order to set up the Hotspot, it is necessary to access the SSID #1 section in the web interface and configure the device as follows:
Please note that:
- In the Network Name field, it is necessary to enter the name of the SSID for the wireless network.
- The WPA Key (Password) field must be left empty, since the authentication is RADIUS-based.
- The RADIUS NASID parameter set in the device must be unique for all the HotSpots belonging to your network. Otherwise the HotSpot will not be correctly integrated with the Solution.
- The UAM Secret field must be left empty.
- The Allowed Domains list is a comma separated list where it is necessary to include the domain names to add to the walled garden. Please note that here it is necessary to add also the Splash Portal URL. To complete this list, please check also the following articles:
Allowing free access to the CDN
Explained in the article Improving the performance of Control Panel and Splash Portal by enabling the CDN, you must add some IP addresses to the Walled Garden in order to support the access to the CDN.
The domains to add for this purpose are:
Retrieving the identifier for the Control Panel
To integrate the Access Point with the Solution, enter its details into the Control Panel.
To get further information on how to do that, please see How to add a Hotspot. Secondly, in the Control Panel, a field called Identifier will be required by the web interface. For Open-Mesh products, as said before, it corresponds to the RADIUS NASID value that has been configured in the SSID #1 section.
Please note that this value must be unique for all the devices entered in the Control Panel. Otherwise the HotSpot will be not correctly integrated with the Solution.
The parameters indicated above for the SSID #1 section are mandatory for the proper functioning. The parameters to integrate the device with the Solution are the following:
Captive Portals: Chillispot AAA
RADIUS Server 1 - Host: 220.127.116.11
RADIUS Server 2 - Host: 18.104.22.168
RADIUS secret: (it will be communicated by Cloud4Wi)
URL Server Page: https://splashportal.cloud4wi.com
UAM Secret: (empty)
Chillispot compatible: Yes
Please note that it is necessary to enter the Splash Portal URL exactly as it is written above.
If you enter the Splash Portal URL in different formats (e.g. https://splashportal.cloud4wi.com/c4wportal/mysplashportal), then the redirection to the Splash Portal will fail and the end-user will not be able to see the Splash Portal.
If these parameters change in the future, we will promptly inform you about new values.