Email Marketing is an application that allows you to set up an effective email marketing campaign. By using this application, you may send advertising messages or commercial offers through e-mail to all end-users registered to a Venue who accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider.
The application allows you to choose among a set of graphical layouts and add text and images depending to your needs.
More information about this application can be found here, on our Cloud4Wi YouTube channel.
Control Panel management
By clicking the Manage button, you enter into the application. There are 4 sections, that are:
- Email Templates
- Users list
In this section you can create a new marketing campaign or perform operations for an existing one.
List of available campaigns
This page shows you all the campaigns that are present in the system.
In the left column you can find the campaigns saved by users and sent at least once.
In the right column you can find the campaigns saved by users but never sent.
For both cases you can send (Send again for the left column, Send now for the right column), modify () or delete () the campaign.
In case the campaign has been already sent, you can check some statistics by clicking the Reports button (this action will redirect you on the Reports section, described in the Reports paragraph in this page).
To use this application you must configure a source email address that will figure as the sender of the message. This can be done by configuring SMTP settings, by clicking the Settings button on the page, above the list of available campaigns.
If your account belong to Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, or Outlook, you just have to select the proper domain in the Well-known SMTP drop-down menu. Then the system will fill for you the SMTP Host, Port and Type of encrypted connection inputs.
Otherwise, just select "Custom" for this input, and manually all the data.
For the SMTP server it is required to specify:
- if your SMTP is a well-known SMTP server or not
- SMTP host
- SMTP port
- whether authentication is required or not.
If SMTP authentication is required, then the following information must be specified:
- Email: the username for SMTP authentication.
- Password: the password for SMTP authentication.
- Type of encrypted connection: this indicates whether you intend to encrypt the message, or not. You can select:
- None (no encryption)
By using this windows you can send a test message in order to verify whether the SMTP settings are correct or not. Just enter your email address in the appropriate field at the bottom of the window and clicking the Send test button.
If data are correct, the system will prompt you that the message has been correctly sent. So check your mailbox and find the message.
Once SMTP settings are configured you can create a new marketing campaign, edit or cancel an existing one.
Creating a new campaign
In order to create a new marketing campaign it is necessary to click the New campaign button.
After that, you must follow a guided procedure prompting all necessary data to create a complete email marketing campaign. This procedure consists of three steps:
In the Setup step, you must provide the following information:
- Campaign name: the unique name for your marketing campaign.
- Email subject: the subject for the message containing your marketing campaign.
- Sender name: this is the sender name displayed in the message containing your marketing campaign.
- Reply to this email address: this is the reply-to email address set in the message (the default reply address appearing in main e-mail clients after have clicked Reply for the single email message). Please note that the system will send the marketing campaign also to this email address.
- Email templates: here you have to specify an existing template for your campaign, or alternatively click create new one to create a new email template.
The Creating a new email template paragraph in this article provides you the necessary details in order to create a new email template.
In the Preview step you can preview in browser the marketing campaign that you are going to create, and check the number of recipients taking into account current conditions (registered end-users who accepted the marketing clause).
By clicking the Back button, it is possible to go back to the previous step. By clicking the Next button the campaign is saved and you are redirected to the Send step.
In the Send step you can perform the following actions:
- Send now: by clicking this button you can immediately send the email to all recipients (registered end-users who accepted the marketing clause).
- Back to the campaign list: by clicking this button you are redirected to the main page of the application without sending any email message.
- Send test: this is a "preview" feature that allows you to send the marketing campaign to your email address, in order to allow you to check if everything is as you wish.
In this section you can check the statistics for all the campaigns sent through the application
You can filter data by:
- Type: you can check data for all campaigns ever sent, or only for the active or deleted ones.
- Campaigns: you can check data for all campaigns or only for a particular one.
The dashboards below, depending on filters, show:
- How many messages have been correctly sent, the number of errors occurred in sending, and how many messages have been sent and read.
- The distribution in percentage between sent messages, not sent messages, and the messages that have been sent and read by the recipient.
- The number of total sends of campaign.
In this section you will find the list of email templates that are available in the system. For each template the following actions may be available:
- Edit (): by clicking this button it is possible to modify the detail of every email template.
- Synchronize (): each time you modify an email template, this is updated only for the Email Marketing, but not for the Proximity Marketing application. If the email template is used also for a marketing campaign in Proximity Marketing, the Synchronize button appears and allows to update the template also for that application.
- Delete (): by clicking this button it is possible to delete the email template. Please note that this button is available only if the email template is not used in Email Marketing or Proximity Marketing applications.
For each campaign listed, the following details are listed:
- Name: the name of the template.
- Design template: the name of the predefined layout on which the template is based.
- Used in: the marketing campaigns in Email Marketing or Proximity Marketing using this email template. Please remember that changing a currently "used" template may impact on the marketing campaigns sent to end-users.
By moving to the Users list button, you can display the list of end-users who currently are receiving marketing communications from the application.
This list is calculated according to the rules described in to the Who will receive my campaigns? paragraph in this page.
In order to create a new email template you can click the Email templates button in the top menu, or click create a new one in the Setup step during the creation of a new campaign.
In this way you are redirected to a guided procedure consisting of the following four steps:
- Create template
In the Create template step, you have to specify the name of your email template.
In the Layout step, you have to choose the layout for your template. Layouts are characterized by a different number and arrangement of text and image boxes.
In the Design step, it is possible to add text or images to the layout you chose before. Please note that each image box has a specific size (width and height) that is displayed in the page. If an image with a different size is uploaded, it will be resized to the size indicated.
In the Preview step you can preview in browser the email template you are going to create. You can decide to create it or go back to previous steps.
If the application is used at Tenant level, recipients are all end-users registered to all the Tenant's Venues who accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider.
If the application is used at Venue level recipients are all end-users registered to the Venue who accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider.
In addition, the message will be sent to the email address specified in the campaign as Reply to this email address field.
The settings available for this application are:
All the actions can be performed by the Tenant and, if the Management is Differentiated and the Responsibility is assigned to the Venue, also by the Venue Manager.
For further information about these settings, please see Marketplace.