Coupons is an application that allows the Venue Manager to create coupon campaigns which will be displayed on the Splash Portals belonging to all the Tenants activated on the Platform. This gives you a very powerful tool to introduce and propose a large number of commercial offers to end-users who are even outside the particular Venue or geographical area.
An end-user who wants to take advantage of a campaign must:
- Sign in to the Splash Portal (only authenticated end-users can receive coupons).
- Access the Coupons application to get their coupons.
- Visit the Venue Manager and provide him/her with the proper code, in order to validate the coupon.
Please note that the application will only work at the Venue level if the Tenant configures the Category field for the Venue. If the field is not set, the alert "In order to use the application select a product category" will be displayed.
To get further information about this, please read Viewing and managing a Venue for a Tenant.
The Tenant is able to create and manage coupon campaigns, valid for all Venues. In order to do this only for a particular Venue, the Tenant needs to descend to the Venue level.
The administrator of the Solution can add coupons to be displayed in Splash Portals. Please note that an end-user who is authenticated in the Splash Portal will see coupons according to the following priorities:
- Coupons created by the Venue Manager belonging to the Venue where the end-user is logged in.
- Coupons created by the Tenant who is managing the Venue.
- Coupons created by different Venue Managers belonging to the same Tenant.
If a Venue Manager assigns a coupon to more than one Hotspot, then the end-user will see only one coupon (that is the coupon assigned to the Hotspot where the end-user is, or to the nearest Hotspot).
How to manage coupon campaigns through the Control Panel
In the main page of the application, you can view a list of available coupon campaigns in the Control Panel.
For each coupon the following information is displayed:
- Campaign Name: you can assign a name when creating or modifying a coupon campaign.
- Web Url: this is a web URL created automatically by the application which allows you to preview how the campaign is presented to end-users in the Splash Portal. You can share this URL with clients through email or SMS.
- Campaign ID: this value is necessary to validate coupons for a specific campaign through the external mini-portal or API. You can learn more about this by reading the Validating Coupons without accessing the Control Panel article.
- Status: the status of a specific campaign could be as following:
- Active: It indicates a coupon campaign that is active and valid. It means that the current date is within the Validity period specified.
- Not active: it indicates a coupon campaign currently inactive, which will be active in the future. This means that the current date is earlier than the Validity period specified.
- Expired: It indicates a coupon campaign currently inactive, which has been active in the past. This means that the current date is later than the Validity period specified.
- Coupons unavailable: It indicates a coupon campaign currently valid, where all the coupons have been assigned to end-users. In this case, it is possible to edit the campaign and specify a greater Number of coupons, in order to reset the status to Active.
You can perform the following actions for every coupon campaign:
- Refresh credentials: this function lets you replace the old token (necessary for the external mini-portal or API) with a new one. You can learn more about this by reading the following article: Validating Coupons without accessing the Control Panel.
- Block credentials / Enable credentials: this function helps you enable or disable the token for a specific campaign. To learn more please visit Validating Coupons without accessing the Control Panel.
- Edit: it is possible to edit the following parameters for the selected coupon campaign:
- Campaign name
- Validity period
- Number of coupons
- Product name
- Product description
- Latitude (required only at Tenant level, used to display the coupon on the map)
- Longitude (required only at Tenant level, used to display the coupon on the map)
- Address (required only at Tenant level, displayed as text on the coupon)
- Town (required only at Tenant level, displayed as text on the coupon)
- It is also possible to add or change the uploaded picture.
- Statistics: this feature makes it possible to display all the coupons associated with the selected campaign, along with the following details:
- Coupon code: the unique code for each single coupon.
- Checked: after the coupon is assigned, this feature indicates if the assignment has been validated through the Control Panel. Validation can be done by clicking on the Coupon Check button.
- Date of assignment: it indicates the date the coupon was assigned.
- Username: it indicates the username of the end-user to whom the coupon has been assigned.
- Email: it indicates the email address of the end-user to whom the coupon has been assigned.
- Phone number: it indicates the mobile phone number of the end-user to whom the coupon has been assigned.
- filter data, by entering Coupon code, Username, Email or Phone number in the search filter.
- export all statistics to a CSV file, by clicking on the Export to CSV button on the Statistics page.
- Delete: this function makes it is possible to delete an existing coupon campaign. Please note that after deleting a campaign, all the details regarding coupons and their assignments to end-users will be deleted as well.
Global actions in the Control Panel
You can manage a coupon campaign by clicking on the buttons located above the list of available campaigns such as:
- Management portal: by clicking on this button, you can generate a global token, that allows you to validate coupons for all available coupon campaigns, through the external mini-portal or API. To learn more, read the following article: Validating Coupons without accessing the Control Panel
- Coupon Check: this allows you to validate the coupon assignment directly from the Control Panel.
- New Coupons: this allows you to create a new coupon campaign.
- Check Options (only for Venue Managers): Venue Managers can set filters in order to hide coupons from specific categories.
Creating a new coupon campaign
You can create a new campaign by clicking on the New Coupons button on the main page of the application.
When creating a new coupon campaign, it is possible to specify the following information:
- Campaign name: the name of the campaign.
- Deal summary: the name of the promoted product or service.
- Deal description: a short description about the deal.
- Category: the category associated with the deal (for example: pizzeria, pub, clothing, cinema, etc.).
- Value, Discount, : these values are only necessary to correctly display your offer on the coupon.
The Value is the full price for your deal (e,g. "$10"), the Discount is the percentage discount (e,g, "-40%" and the Discounted price is the special price for your deal (e,g. "$6").
Furthermore, it is possible to associate one picture to a coupon campaign. Any uploaded picture will be resized to 140x140 pixel.
- Date range: the period during which the campaign is valid.
- Number of coupons: the number of coupons represented which can be limited or unlimited.
The Tenant is also able to set the following information:
- Publish the deal on the following Venues: the Venues where the coupon is visible. Please note that the assignment of a coupon to more than one Venue will not create duplicate coupons: Venues see unique coupons.
- Address, City, State/Province/Region, ZIP/Postal Code: the geolocation data of the service that is being promoted. This information is displayed as text in the main data of the coupon. Please note that you can also move the cursor on the interactive map in order to set this data.
When a coupon is created at the Venue level, the geolocation data is taken from the particular Venue on Cloud4Wi.
- Redeem instructions: a short guide for the end-user on how to use the coupon.
The Venue Manager is able to specify the following information which is not requested from the Tenant:
- Hotspot: Hotspots that belong to the Venue where the coupon is visible. Please note that when a Tenant assigns a coupon to a Venue, the coupon will be visible in all Hotspots of that Venue.
Validating a coupon assignment from the Control Panel
This action is possible by clicking the Coupon Check button from the main page of the application.
Every time an end-user gets a coupon, the system produces a coupon code (displayed in the screen and, when possible, sent via e-mail).
Then, the end-user can go to the Venue Manager physically to ask for all the necessary steps to take advantage of the promotion. The Venue Manager needs to click on the Coupon Check button and verify if the coupon code is valid or not. If valid, then all the details for the coupon will be displayed, and the Venue Manager can give the physical coupon to the end-user.
It is possible to validate a coupon even through a separate public URL outside the Control Panel. You can learn more about this by reading this article: Validating Coupons without accessing the Control Panel
As previously mentioned, it is possible to delegate the responsibility to validate coupons, without providing access to the Control Panel: in fact the application provides a mini-portal for this purpose. In order to use the mini-portal, it is necessary to hold a token. There are two possibilities to find this token:
- You can use the token for a specific campaign.
To do this, please find your coupon campaign in the list on the Control Panel and then check the Campaign ID field. The value that you can see is your token. By clicking on that value, you are redirected to the mini-portal and you don't need to provide the token again (since it is included in the URL).
- You can use the global token.
To do this, please find the Management portal button in the campaign list on the Splash Portal. By clicking on that value, you can see the full URL of the mini-portal with the token included.
As already discussed, the URL of the external dashboard is based on the token (for example, if the token is 3bcd7674, the URL will be: https://apps.
The external dashboard looks like the picture below:
REST API allows you to integrate the capabilities of the Coupons application in external systems.Please check the following article: Coupons: REST API.
Hiding coupons from competitors
By clicking on the Check Options button (available only for Venue Managers), the Venue Manager can set filters in order to hide coupons from specific categories.
Please note that if two Venues are geographically distant from each other, coupons of the first Venue will be hidden in the second Venue and vice versa.
From the Control Panel it is possible to set the following options:
- Select to hide Merchandise Categories: this option allows you to hide some categories of coupons shown in the page. Please note that only coupons created by other Venues can be hidden. On the contrary, coupons created by the Tenant cannot be hidden in any case.
- If selected, hide from the following geographical area: this option allows you to apply the selected restrictions according to the location of a single coupon. Please note that this only affects coupons created by Venue Managers and restrictions are not applied to coupons created by the Tenant. It is possible to choose between:
- Same city: this option hides all the coupons belonging to the previously selected categories, created at Venue level and coming from the same town as the Hotspot.
- All the network: this option hides all the coupons belonging to the previously selected categories, created at Venue level, regardless of their location data.
This application does not require a particular configuration to be run. The management of the venue is always assigned as the Venue Manager, and therefore it is not possible to set Management and Responsibility options.
The end-user can access the application through the App Bar. He/she is able to see and possibly receive coupons that have been configured by the Venue Manager.
Please note that for each coupon, there is information in the top-right corner indicating where the coupon campaign comes from.
More precisely if the coupon comes from a Venue, the label "Venue" is shown. Otherwise, if the coupon comes from a higher level, the name of the city configured in the coupon campaign would be displayed.
By clicking on a single coupon, it is possible to see more details and then receive the coupon by clicking on the Get the coupon now button.