Nearby is an application that allows you to display into the Splash Portal a list of points of interest (such as cafes, restaurants, parks, cinemas, railway stations etc.) that are located near the Hotspot. The various categories of services can be easily enabled through the Control Panel.
This application fully integrates with Coupons and Geo Chat applications, in order to give an improved experience to end-users and create a real community. The application, for each Venue, displays on the map:
- all the Hotspots belonging to all Venues managed by the same Tenant who also manages the selected Venue.
- all the end-users who are using the Geo Chat application in any Venue belonging to the Tenant who also manages the selected Venue.
- all the coupon campaigns created with Coupons application by the Tenant who manages the selected Venue or by any Venue Manager under this Tenant.
For further information, please read the following articles:
- Coupons: promote coupons in your community
- Geo Chat: let the end-users to discover other near online users
Control Panel management
By clicking the Manage button it is possible to configure the application to display the desired items on the map. It is possible to set the following options:
- Hotspots: by setting this value to On, you can enable end-users to show Hotspots on a map, according to the value of the Visibility option described below. Vice versa, by setting this option to Off, no Hotspots are displayed.
- Visibility: through this option, when the Hotspots option is set to On, it is possible to specify the visibility rules for the Hotspots.
If the set value is Tenant, all the Hotspots belonging to the Tenant are shown on map.
If the set value is Venue, only the Hotspots belonging to the Venue are shown on map.
- Places: by setting this value to On, you can enable end-users to show on a map all the points of interest configured through the Choose categories of interest option described below. Vice versa, by setting this option to Off, no places are displayed. There is a huge number of available categories and you can select a new one by clicking the Add category button, scrolling the window and selecting the appropriate checkbox.
- Choose categories of interest: through this option, when the Places option above is set to On, it is possible to specify up to 15 categories of places and services to show on map.
- People: by setting this value to On, you can enable end-users to show on map all the Geo Chat users of the same Venue that are currently online. End-users are placed on the map according to the Hotspot where they performed the authentication.
- Coupon: by setting this value to On, you can enable end-users to show on map all the coupons created with the Coupons applications. The visibility rules are the same configured on this application (please see: Coupons: promote coupons in your community).
This action can be performed by the Tenant and, if the Responsibility is assigned to the Venue, also by the Venue Manager.
The application will display up to 60 places nearby the Hotspot where the end-user is connected.
The settings available for this application are:
For further information about these settings, please see Marketplace.
The application works even for end-users who did not perform the authentication on the Splash Portal. Anyway, only logged end-users are able to explore and navigate into the map.
Unauthenticated end-users can only display a static map.
Through the top-left menu, it is possible to filter the types of items that are displayed on map. The available options are:
- Showcase: Hotspots, coupons, people and places are displayed on map.
- Coupons: only available coupons, created through Coupons application, are displayed on map. The visibility rules are the same configured on this application (please see: Coupons: promote coupons in your community).
- Hotspots: Hotspots are displayed according to the Visibility options set in the Control Panel (as mentioned above).
- People: all the online Geo Chat users connected from the same Venue are displayed on map.
- Places: only points of interest are displayed on map, according to options and categories configured in the Control Panel (as mentioned above).
The second button lets you switch between a text-based list (List view) and the classical map view (Map view).
Then, it is possible to use a classical search filter in order to find particular items or categories on map.
The application comes with a sidebar, where it is possible to display coupons and online chat users when the corresponding options are enabled in the Control Panel.