Splash Portals is a section of the Control Panel, accessible through the quick access toolbar, where the Tenant can create new Splash Portal instances. These can then be managed by the Tenant and, if necessary, by the Venue Manager. They are displayed to the end-user when connecting to a HotSpot belonging to a Venue, in order to access the service.
It is possible to associate one and only one Splash Portal template among those available. The association between Venue and Splash Portal is bound during the Venue creation phase.
The Tenant can use all the templates available for the creation of the Splash Portal: templates define the layout for the page and they are characterized by the number of content blocks. Each block will be customizable in terms of structure and contents. The Tenant has the maximum flexibility in creating contents for each block and, at the same time, is able to decide which blocks can be changed and which privileges are required to modify them (for example: whether changes can be made only by the Tenant or even by the Venue Manager).
The command toolbar provides some features in order to search and create a new Splash Portal and to create and manage contents for each block.
Creating a new Splash Portal
The Tenant is able to create a new instance for the Splash Portal. To do this, click the Splash Portals button in the quick access toolbar and then click the Create new button in the page command toolbar.
Then, find and click the link Click here and start from an empty layout.
Then templates appear and you can select the one that best fits your needs.
Then the page for the creation of the Splash Portal will be shown. Data to enter are as follows:
- Name: the name of the Splash Portal.
- Description: a short description, useful for displaying purposes.
Once the instance has been created, the Tenant will be directly redirected to the Splash Portal customization page.
Displaying and editing details of a Splash PortalBy clicking a name of a Splash Portal in the summary page, it is possible to access the Splash Portal customization page.
Through the command toolbar it is possible to perform the following actions:
- Content blocks: through the Content blocks button it is possible to access the section where contents are created and managed.
- Preview: through the Preview button it is possible to view the Splash Portal exactly as the end-user views it when accessing to the service.
- Settings: through the Settings button it is possible to modify the name and the description of the Splash Portal. More information about editing and customizing a Splash Portal can be found in Setting appearance, languages and public URLs for your Splash Portal.
- Delete: if the Splash Portal is not used in any Venue, it is possible, through the Delete button, to delete that.
In addition, it is possible to display and customize the content blocks for the selected Splash Portal. The number of content blocks depends on the type of Template assigned. For each content block it is possible to view and modify the following information:
- Owner: the level for the system user who is able to manage the content block. This can be the Tenant or the Venue Manager. If Venue is selected, the Venue Manager is able to edit settings for the selected block. Otherwise, only the Tenant can do it.
- Content block: from here it is possible to select the content, among those saved, which will be assigned to the block. First, choose the content type and then the wished content block. You can learn more by reading the article Customizing the Splash Portal defining content blocks.
By clicking the buttons at the top-right corner of each chart, it is possible to perform the following actions:
- Print: this action allows to print each chart
- Export: this action allows to export the chart to many file formats, such as PNG, JPEG, PDF, SVG and CSV.