In the foreign user identification page the end-user is required to validate their identity by entering an identification PIN. This page is part of the Splash Portal. More information can be found in Identification for foreign end-users.
This page will be displayed when the following situations simultaneously occur:
- the end-user is performing the first access to the service through the Splash Portal.
- for the selected Venue, in the Control Panel, the PIN for Foreign Users option in the Access templates section is set to Yes.
- for the selected Venue, in the Control Panel, the value for the PIN for Foreign Users option is different from the mobile country code provided by the end-user.
The end-user, in order to access the service, has to:
- contact the Venue Manager and ask for an identification PIN. The Venue Manager might ask the end-user a valid document ID, in order to establish their identity.
- enter the identification PIN in the Foreign user identification page in order to access the service.
Please note that once the identification process has been completed, no further identification PINs will be required to the end-user.
The Tenant and the Venue Manager, through the Control Panel, are able to create identification PINs.
They are also able to avoid the end-user to enter the identification PIN, by accessing the Users section from the quick access toolbar, searching and selecting the end-user, and finally clicking Confirm for the Confirm Identity option, if available. In this way the end-user is able to access the service and no identification PIN will be required.