It is possible to set international options through the International settings section, accessible from the Settings menu.
The following options are available:
- Currency: by selecting this option, it is possible to choose the currency used for the selected Venue.
- Default international call prefix: by selecting this option, it is possible to choose the default international call prefix that is displayed to end-users in the appropriate form during the registration process.
- CSV separator: indicates the character that is used as separator in all CSV files generated by the Solution. Typically this character can be "," or ";". This option is available only for the Tenant and is applied to all the Venues owned.
- Decimal mark: indicates the mark used in the Control Panel to separate the integer part from the fractional part (for example in the Dashboard, in the Analytics section, etc.). It is possible to select "." (decimal point) or "," (decimal comma). This option is available only for the Tenant and is applied to all the Venues owned.
- System language: indicates the default language for the Control Panel.
- Default time zone: indicates the time zone to be used in the Control Panel.
- Splash Portal languages: indicates the languages that are available in the Splash Portal management section. In order to add a new language to the Splash Portal, you must add it here and then add it in the Splash Portal management section, as described in Setting appearance, languages and public URLs for your Splash Portal. As you read this article, you will learn how to create and include custom languages
- Control Panel languages: indicates the languages that are available in the Control Panel.
Please note that currently some languages have been obtained through free online translation services and for this reason translations might not be accurate.
In order to overcome this limitation, the Tenant is able to add a custom language to the Splash Portal from scratch, or start with an existing language. This approach provides more options in the customization of the Splash Portal. Please visit Adding new languages to the Splash Portal for more information.
Please note that by setting the green unlock option near each configuration option, the Tenant may enable the Venue Manager to change the value for the correspondent Venue.
On the contrary, by setting the gray lock option, the value can be set only at the Tenant level and it is not visible to the Venue Manager. When all values of a section are set in this way, the whole page is hidden from the Venue Manager.