This feature lets you schedule the recurrent creation of new service PINs for an existing Service Profile. This way you don't have to manually create new Service PINs every time you need them.
To activate this feature, select the appropriate Service Profile in the Internet section and then click Edit in the quick access toolbar.
In the Edit section, it is possible to activate Automatic PIN Generation. The following parameters are required:
- Number of PINs: this field indicates the number of service PINs to generate, according to the other inputs described below.
- Frequency: this field indicates how often the service PINs will be generated. It can be:
- Type: this indicates the type of the operation. Two types of operations that are possible are:
- Cumulative: by setting this value, according the frequency chosen, the number of service PINs selected will be created
- Reset: by setting this value, according the frequency chosen, the system will take care to create service PINs so that at least the chosen number of service PINs is available.
- The following settings are set for a Service Profile:
Number of PINs: 10
In any situation, the system will create 10 new service PINs for the Service Profile selected.
- We consider now the situation where the selected type is "Reset":
Number of PINs: 10
In this situation, the behavior of the system depends on the number of service PINs available:
- If no service PINs are available, the system will create 10 new service PINs for the Service Profile selected
- If less than 10 service PINs are available, the system will create a number of Service PINs, so that at the end there are 10 service PINs available. So, if there are 3 service PINs available, the system will create 10 - 3 = 7 new service PINs
- If there are 10 service PINs or more, the system will not create service PINs, since the requested number of service PINs are actually available.