[Please note that this article refers to an older version of the product and may be outdated. You can find the most recent guide here]
It is possible to customize an existing Splash Portal by accessing the Splash Portal section, clicking the appropriate Splash Portal and then clicking the Settings button.
Here you can configure two sections: Splash Portal and Template options.
The Template options are visible only if the selected Splash Portal is originated from a template and not from a model (learn more in Different methods to create a Splash Portal).
- Splash Portal
- Name: the name of the Splash Portal.
- Logo: the company logo displayed in the Splash Portal. This field is not available for Splash Portal templates (as you can do the same thing by creating an "Image" content block) and for some models including "Metro".
- Enable loading CSS (*.css): using this option lets you upload new CSS files to be used for the content blocks of the Splash Portals. To learn more about this, please read the paragraph below called More details on loading Splash Portal CSS files. Please also note that this field may not be available for some Splash Portal models (e.g. "Metro").
- Splash Portal languages: this option indicates the languages that can be selected by end-users on the Splash Portal. More details about this section are provided below in Splash portal languages.
- Default language: the default language of the Splash Portal. More details about this section are provided below in Splash portal languages.
- Landing Page: this public URL, if specified, represents the page shown to the end-user after a successful log in to the Splash Portal.
- Splash Portal Web URL: through this public URL, if specified, it is possible to directly reach the Splash Portal for the Venue, without needing to be connected to a HotSpot. It is necessary to insert only an identifier that must be unique. The complete URL is automatically generated by the Control Panel, from the entered identifier.
- Template options
- Header Background: this parameter sets the background for the header of the Splash Portal. This option is available only for Splash Portal templates.
- Header Height: this parameter sets the height for the header of the Splash Portal. This option is available only for Splash Portal templates.
- Header background color: this parameter sets the background color for the header of the Splash Portal. This field is not available for some models including "Metro".
- Footer background color: this parameter sets the background color for the footer of the Splash Portal. This field is not available for some models including "Metro".
- Font color: this parameter sets the font color for the header and the footer of the Splash Portal. This field is not available for some models including "Metro".
- Button color: this parameter sets a custom color of the buttons in the Splash Portal. This field is not available for some models including "Metro".
Please note that the Tenant, by setting the option next to each configuration option, may enable the Venue Manager to change the value for the correspondent Venue.
On the contrary, by setting the option, the value can be set only at the Tenant level.
The Splash portal languages option indicates in which languages the Splash Portal can be displayed for the end-user. This option must specify one or more languages between those supported by the Solution.
For first time access to the Splash Portal, the language displayed to the end-user depends on the default language that has been set in the browser.
In particular, the language displayed is chosen as follows:
When the Splash Portal is opened, Cloud4Wi acquires the languages set in the browser.
If the first language set in the browser exists between the languages set for the Splash Portal, then the Splash Portal is displayed in this language.
Otherwise the Splash Portal is displayed in the language set as the default one in the Settings section for the considered Splash Portal.
Please note that Cloud4Wi considers only the first language set in the browser.
Next time the end-user gains access, the language displayed is determined using the same criteria, unless the end-user changed the language specified through the language menu at the top-right of the Splash Portal. In this case the Splash Portal is able to remember the last language selected, and it will be displayed in that language.
Please note that, if only one language is selected in the Splash portal languages option in the Control Panel, the language menu at the top-right of the Splash Portal will not be displayed to end-users.
Take the following things into account when uploading CSS files to your Splash Portal:
- For the correct functioning of styles, upload files with the ".css" extension in the file name.
- If you specify external resources into your CSS file, then you have to make sure that they can be loaded anytime from the Splash Portal. You may have to add the domain name or IP address to the walled garden of your access device.
- Our Splash Portal runs on HTTPS. If you load external resources from sites running on HTTP, then some browsers might display security alerts to end-users because of the "mixed" content HTTP and HTTPS.