[Please note that this article refers to an older version of the product and may be outdated. You can find the most recent guide here]
Cloud4Wi allows you to verify that the e-mail address provided by end-users during the registration process is correct. You can enable this feature by clicking on the Settings menu, then the Access templates menu item and finally selecting your access template. In the Access restrictions tab, please select "Email" as the Account validation mode.
This feature is supported for the following Sign-up options: User Account and Click-Through.
If the email validation is set, then each end-user who registers (except for users who choose the Social Login) will be asked for the email address, regardless of the other options set in the Access templates.
After end-users register on the Splash Portal, Cloud4Wi sends them an email message, asking them to open a verification link. When the verification link is opened, the end-user has full access to the assigned service plan.
Before verifying the email address, the end-user can access the Internet, but with the following restrictions:
Service limitations for "unverified" accounts
For unverified accounts, it is not possible to surf the Internet more than 5 minutes per session. Please note the different examples:
- If the Internet plan allocated to the end-user allows him to surf more than 5 minutes, then the session is automatically closed after 5 minutes. Afterwards, the end-user is still able to reconnect to the Internet, and the period of the new session depends on the remaining minutes of the Internet plan.
- If the Internet plan allows the end-user to surf less than 5 minutes, then no restrictions are applied.
- If the account is not associated with any Internet plan, then the end-user is not able to connect to the Internet and check the verification link.
Furthermore, the following cases happen for "unverified" accounts:
- Every time an "unverified" account user goes online, a message is displayed on the Splash Portal and the email confirmation is sent to the end-user's email address. This happens until the account is validated.
- If Click-Through is enabled, then the "Email address" field in the Splash Portal is always visible for the end-user. This continues until the email address is validated.
Manual validation by the system user
A system user (Tenant or Venue Manager) is able to manually validate an account from the Control Panel, by clicking on the Users button in the quick access toolbar on the left, searching for the end-user account, opening it and clicking on the "Confirm" link next to Confirm Registration Email. If you cannot find this link, it means that the account does not need to be validated.