Last Updated: June 3, 2020
Cloud4Wi offers a number of tools for administrators to maximize the security of their network deployments. The use of these tools provides optimal protection, visibility, and control over your access to the Cloud4Wi Service. This page contains information about how to quickly and easily increase the security of your Cloud4Wi Accounts.
1. CREATION OF A PASSWORD
At the first access to the Cloud4Wi Service, the User is requested to change the password received via email or text message.
The new password has to be created according to the following criteria:
- It has to be at least 8 characters
- It has to include 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 number and 1 special character (@.,:;-_()=?'+#!).
After the password change, the Cloud4WiCloud4Wi Service logouts the User.
2. TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
Cloud4Wi Services provides an extra layer of protection, besides passwords.
Enabling the two-factor authentication on the Account, Users will be asked first for their password and then, as a second step, they will have to provide an extra code.
More info here.
3. STORAGE OF A PASSWORD
The password is encrypted before it is stored on the Cloud4Wi Service. An encrypted password cannot be reverse-engineered to reveal the real password.
4. RECOVERY OF A PASSWORD
A password can be recovered in two different ways:
- Users with the Owner role can reset the password on behalf of another User. The User will receive the new password via email or text message.
- The User can reset the password before logging in to the Cloud4Wi Service
5. LOCK SYSTEM USERS
The Admin with Owner role can lock or unlock the access of other Users.
The Cloud4Wi Service logs all Users’ activities (e.g. login, add or edit entities), including the IP address of the used device.
7. VERIFY SSL CERTIFICATES
The User can access to the Cloud4Wi Service only via https. This ensures that all communications between the Users and Cloud4wi Service are encrypted.
8. IDLE TIMEOUT
The Cloud4wi Service has an idle timeout of 300 seconds. After 300 seconds of inactivity, the Cloud4Wi Serice logouts the User.
9. CLOUD4WI ACCESS CONTROL
Users can decide to lock or unlock access to their account to the CLoud4Wi team to provide support services or customer success service.
Cloud4Wi access to Cusotmer'Account, when granted, doesn't allow to Cloud4wi to directly operate on Personal Data. The following limitation applies to the access of CLoud4Wi team:
- Cannot see, delete or change the personal data of each Contact Profile
- Cannot export Contact Profiles
- Cannot see the Account API credentials