Presence-enabled access points gather data from Wi-Fi enabled clients/device and display analytics data on the web interface of the Volare Platform.
Currently, Presence Analytics is supported by the following vendors:
- Cisco Meraki (configuration guide)
- Zebra (contact us for more details)
- Aerohive (contact us for more details)
- Open-Mesh (configuration guide)
- IgniteNet (configuration guide)
The availability of this application depends on the license purchased. To access this application, click on the quick access toolbar on the left Manage → Apps → All → Wi-Fi Presence Analytics. The installation of this application enables a new item called Presence Analytics in the main menu of the Analytics section, allowing the system user to view further information about end-users behavior.
To clearly understand the application and this guide, we’ve defined the following terms: :
- Visit: A visit is an event representing a device that has stopped by the location. It must be both close (distance) enough and dwell long (time) enough to be considered a potential visitor, otherwise it is classified as a Passerby Visit.
For example, a person who visits a store twice in one day counts as two Visits .
The parameters that classify the event (minimum dwelling time and distance from the sensors), can be fine-tuned using the Presence Calibration feature.
- Passerby Visits: A Passerby Visit is a registered event of a device, which walks by a location, but either is too far or does not spend enough time to be considered a potential Visit.
For example, if a person walks by a store twice in one day but does not stop to shop, it counts as two Passersby Visits.
- Total traffic: Measures all the potential Visits to the location. Technically, it is the sum of the number of Visits and the number of Passerby Visits.
- Visitor: A Visitor is a unique device that has made one or more Visits in the specific time period. For example, if a device made two Visits in a day, it counts as two Visits and only one Visitor.
At the top of the screen you can find a search filter where you can select a particular Venue or access point, or search for the following time intervals:
- Last seven days
- Current month
- Last month
- Current year
- Last year
- Custom range (that is any time interval selected by the system user).
According to the duration of the time period selected, charts display different units in the x-axis, except Traffic by Time of Day which has a constant metric. In particular, if the time interval is less than 4 days, Total Traffic is on a daily basis and other charts are displayed hourly. In all other cases charts are displayed on a daily basis
Widgets display data according in the time interval set in the search filter. The following information is given:
- Attraction Rate: the percentage of Total Traffic that converted to a Visit
- Unique Visitors: the number of unique devices that made a Visit within the time period (independently of how many Visits they made)
- Repeat Visitors: this is the number of Visitors in the period who made more than one Visit in the same day
- Average Visit Duration: this indicates the average duration of all the Visits.
Data will vary based on what time interval is set.
"Total Traffic" chart
This represents the Total Traffic (either classified as Visits or Passerby Visits) captured and represented in various time slots (12am-8am, 8am-11am, 11am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, 4pm-8pm, 8pm-11pm).
This chart displays the traffic breakdown. You can select the following charts created in the time interval displayed in the search filter:
- Traffic: represents the number of Visits and Passerby Visits
- Attraction Rate: this chart represents the percentage of Total Traffic that converted to a Visit
- Traffic by Time of Day: this is a bar chart representing the number of Visits and Passerby Visits for every time slot within a day (12am-8am, 8am-11am, 11am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, 4pm-8pm, 8pm-11pm).
"Visits By Duration" charts
This chart displays the duration of Visits. This represents the total number of Visits by Visit Duration ranges (5-15 mins, 15-30 mins, 30-45 mins, 45-60 mins, >60 mins).
"Repeat Visitors by Frequency" charts
This box chart deals with user loyalty, retention and frequency of Visits. You can select the following charts created in the time interval displayed in the search filter:
- Repeat Visitors by Frequency: For each time interval, this represents the percentage of Visitors categorized by the number of Visits they made on the location (1 visit, 2 visits, 3-5 visits, More than 5 visits) since the beginning of the period.
- Repeat Visitors Rate: this represents the percentage of Visitors who made more than one Visit in the same day.
By clicking on the Export button, you can export data to an Excel spreadsheet.