Presence calibration is an additional tool that allows system users to refine Minimum dwelling time for visit and Minimum signal level for visit parameters from their default values and then filters captured data to display it on the web interface of Volare Platform. Data captured prior to applying this filter will remain the same and will not be affected by calibration parameters.
You can access this application from the quick access toolbar on the dashboard, Manage → Apps → All → Presence Analytics and click on Settings at top right corner.
This will redirect you to the Calibrate Traffic Parameters page, from there you can change the default value and calibrate the following parameters.
Read the Presence Analytics article for definition of visit and passerby.
Minimum dwelling time for visit:
- This is the duration in which the end-user must be seen within a certain signal level to be considered a “Visitor”. By increasing this parameter value, the requirement for a visit becomes more stringent: the end-user has to be detected with a “strong” enough signal level for a longer time. As this value increases, the number of visits decreases while increasing the number of passersby.
- The available variation range is between 2 and 30 minutes with the default value set at 5 minutes.
Minimum signal level for visit:
- This defines the minimum signal level that is required to be considered a “Visitor”, if maintained for a minimum “visit dwelling time”. By increasing the minimum signal level, the requirement for a visit becomes more stringent: the radius of the interest area becomes smaller, and consequently the number of visitors and visits decreases, while the number of passersby increases.
- The available signal level variation range is represented using percentages and the default “Minimum signal for visit” is set to 30%. The value 0% corresponds to an RSSI of -90dBm, a value of 100% corresponds to -60dBm
- For small venues or venues with a high number of APs, we recommend increasing the minimum level of signal, and thereby reducing the area of interest for the evaluation of visitor.