Volare allows you to verify email addresses provided by end-users during the registration process. You can access this feature by opening Guest Wi-Fi → Setup → Login Profiles, then selecting your login profile. In the Advanced tab, select "Email" as the Account validation mode.
This feature is supported when the following Sign-up options are selected: User Account and Click-through.
If you have set the email validation into the Admin Panel, then each end-user who registers (except for users who choose Social Login) will be asked to enter their email address, regardless of the other options set in the login profile.
After the registration, the Splash Portal shows a confirmation screen. Here, the end-user can confirm the email address, or change it if he has made some mistakes.
After that, Volare sends an email to the end-user asking him to open a verification URL containing a link. The end-user can click on it and get full access to the Internet.
Service limitations for "unverified" accounts
For unverified accounts, it is not possible to surf the Internet for more than 5 minutes per session. Please note the different examples:
- If the Internet plan allocated to the end-user allows him to surf for more than 5 minutes, then the user will be disconnected after 5 minutes. Afterward, the end-user is still able to reconnect to the Internet, and the period of the new session depends on the remaining minutes of the Internet plan.
- If the Internet plan allows the end-user to surf fewer than 5 minutes, then no restrictions are applied.
- If the account is not associated with any Internet plan, then the end-user is not able to connect to the Internet.
Furthermore, the following cases happen for "unverified" accounts:
- Every time an "unverified" account user goes online, the Splash Portal shows an alert and Volare again sends the email confirmation to the end-user. That happens until the account is validated.
- If Click-through is enabled, the Splash Page asks the end-user to provide his email address, until he completes the validation process.
Manual validation by the system user
A system manager (Organization or Location Manager) can manually validate an account from the Admin Panel, by clicking on the People button in the quick access toolbar on the left, searching for the end-user account, opening it and clicking on the "Confirm" link next to Confirm registration email. If you cannot find this link, it means that the account does not need to be validated.