You can access the Access Journey from Admin Panel clicking on the left-side toolbar, Guest Wi-Fi → Tools → Access Journey.
The Access Journey allows you to build a particular experience for end-users when they connect to the Splash Page. When an end-user performs some particular actions in the Splash Page (e.g. opening the browser after connecting to the network, signing up, logging in, logging out), it is possible to redirect him/her to display some content configured in the applications (advertising, surveys, coupons, etc.) in order to create a particular experience. In this case, we say that you are "triggering" some applications.
In particular, you can trigger one or two applications when the following events occur:
- Connect: the event occurs when the end-user connects to the main page of the Splash Page.
- Sign-up: the event occurs as soon as the end-user has been successfully authenticated for the first time.
- Login attempt: the event occurs when the end-user has performed a valid login attempt, before being actually redirected to the Internet. The end-user is not able to access the Internet until this event is completed.
- Log in: the event occurs after the end-user has entered his access credentials and received the login response (authentication accepted or refused).
- Disconnect: the event occurs after the end-user clicks on the Logout button. Please note that the session of the end-user is not stopped until the event is completed.
The Occurrence option allows you to limit the frequency of triggered actions during an event. There are two choices:
- Every time: by selecting this value, the action is triggered whenever the particular event occurs, without restrictions.
- Once every 24 hrs: by selecting this value, the action associated with the particular event is triggered only once and then triggered again after 24 hours, if possible.
For each event type, a maximum of two applications can be selected, with contents depending on the type of application. Applications that can be chosen include:
- Advertising Lite (only for the Sign-in event)
- Coupons Lite