This application allows Company/Venue Manager to create coupon-based campaigns, which are available on the Welcome Portal. This gives a very powerful tool to introduce and propose offers to end-users who are outside the particular Venue or geographical area.
An end-user who wants to take advantage of a campaign must:
- Sign-up through the Welcome Portal (only authenticated end-users can receive coupons).
- Access the Coupons application.
- Visit the Venue Manager and provide him/her with the proper code to validate the coupon.
The Company Manager can create and manage coupon campaigns for all venues. To create coupons only for a particular venue, the Company Manager needs to descend to the Venue level. Please note that an end-user who is authenticated in the Welcome Portal will see coupons per the following conditions:
- Coupons created by the Venue Manager belonging to the venue where the end-user is logged in.
- Coupons created by the Company Manager who is managing the venue.
- Coupons created by different Venue Managers belonging to the same company.
If a Venue Manager assigns a coupon to more than one access point, then the end-user will see only one coupon (that is the coupon assigned to the access point where the end-user is connected, or to the nearest access point).
Admin Panel management
To access the Coupon application, click on the quick access toolbar on the left Manage → Apps → Marketing → Coupons. Here you can create new/edit/view a list of available coupon campaigns in the Admin Panel.
For each coupon, the following information is displayed:
- Campaign Name: you can assign a name when creating or modifying a coupon campaign.
- Web Url: this is a web URL created automatically by the application which allows you to preview how the campaign is shown to end-users on the Welcome Portal. You can share this URL with clients through email or SMS.
- Campaign ID: used to validate coupons for a specific campaign through the external mini-portal or API. You can learn more about this by reading the section Validating Coupons without accessing the Admin Panel.
- Status: the status of a specific campaign can be:
- Active: indicates a coupon campaign is active and valid. The current date is within the Validity period specified.
- Not active: indicates a coupon campaign currently inactive, which will be active in the future. This means that the current date is earlier than the Validity period specified.
- Expired: indicates a coupon campaign is currently inactive but has been active in the past. This means that the current date is later than the Validity period specified.
- Coupons unavailable: indicates a coupon campaign currently valid, but all the available coupons have been claimed by end-users. In this case, it is possible to edit the campaign and specify a greater Number of coupons, to reset the status to Active.
You can perform the following actions for every coupon campaign:
- Refresh credentials (): this function lets you replace the old token (necessary for the external mini-portal or API) with a new one. You can learn more about this by reading the section Validating Coupons without accessing the Admin Panel.
- Block credentials / Enable credentials (): this function helps you enable or disable the token for a specific campaign.
- Statistics (): this feature display all the coupons associated with the selected campaign, along with the following details:
- Coupon code: the unique code for each coupon.
- Checked: after the coupon is assigned, this feature indicates if the assignment has been validated by using the Admin Panel. Validation can be done by clicking on the Coupon Check button.
- Date of assignment: indicates the date the coupon was assigned.
- Username: indicates the username of the end-user claimed the coupon
- Email: indicates the email address of the end-user who claimed the coupon
- Phone: indicates the mobile phone number of the end-user who claimed the coupon
- Filter results: by entering the Coupon code, Username, Email or Phone in the search filter
- Export to CSV: export all coupon usage statistics to a CSV file.
- Delete (): this function makes it is possible to delete an existing coupon campaign. Please note that after deleting a campaign, all the details regarding coupons and claims by end-users will be deleted as well.
- Edit: it is possible to edit the following parameters for the selected coupon campaign:
- Campaign name
- Deal summary
- Deal description
- Validity period
- Number of coupons
- Address (required only at company level, displayed as text on the coupon)
Providing an address is not required at Venue level: in this case, the application automatically fills these fields with the values set for the access point where the coupon is displayed.
Global actions in the Admin Panel
You can manage a coupon campaign by clicking on the buttons located above the list of available campaigns such as:
- Management portal: by clicking on this button, you can generate a global token, that allows you to validate coupons for all available coupon campaigns, through the external mini-portal or API. To learn more, read the following section Validating Coupons without accessing the Admin Panel
- Coupon Check: this allows you to validate the coupon assignment directly from the Admin Panel.
- New Coupons: this allows you to create a new coupon campaign.
- Check Options (only for Venue Managers): Venue Managers can set filters to hide coupons from specific categories.
Creating a new coupon campaign
You can create a new campaign by clicking on the New Coupons button on the main page of the application.
When creating a new coupon campaign, specify the following information:
- Campaign name: the name of the campaign.
- Picture: 140x140 pixel images can be uploaded, and resized to fit 140x140 pixels.
- Deal summary: the name of the promoted product or service.
- Deal description: a short description of the deal.
- Category: the category associated with the deal (for example pizzeria, pub, clothing, cinema, etc.).
- Value, Discount, Discounted price: these values are only necessary to correctly display your offer on the coupon. For example - Value is the full price for your deal (e,g. "$10"), the Discount is the percentage discount (e,g, "-40%" and the Discounted price is the special price for your deal (e,g. "$6").
- Validity: the period during which the campaign is valid and can be redeemed.
- A number of coupons: the number of coupons available, which can be limited to a specific number or unlimited.
- Publish the deal on the following Venues: The Venues where the coupon is visible. Please note that the assignment of a coupon to more than one Venue will not create duplicate coupons: Venues see unique coupons.
- Address, City, State/Province/Region, ZIP/Postal Code: the geolocation data of the service that is being promoted. This information is displayed as text in the main data of the coupon. Please note that you can also move the cursor on the interactive map to set this data.
When a coupon is created at the Venue level, the geolocation data is taken from the Venue on Cloud4Wi.
- Redeem instructions: a short guide for the end-user on how to use the coupon.
The Venue Manager can specify the following information which is not requested at company level:
- Access Point: you can specify each single access point of that venue where the coupon is visible. Please note that when a Company Manager assigns a coupon to a venue, the coupon will be visible by connecting to all the access points of that venue.
Validating a coupon assignment from the Admin Panel
This action is possible by clicking the Coupon Check button from the main page of the application.
Every time an end-user gets a coupon, the system produces a coupon code (displayed on the screen and, when possible, sent via e-mail).
Then, the end-user can go to the Venue Manager to ask for all the necessary steps to take advantage of the promotion. The Venue Manager needs to click on the Coupon Check button and verify if the coupon code is valid. If valid, then all the details for the coupon will be displayed, and the Venue Manager can give the physical coupon to the end-user.
Sales associate can easily validate coupons without needing access to the Admin Panel using the mini-portal provided. To use the mini-portal, they need a token. There are two ways to find this token:
- You can use the token for a specific campaign. To do this, find your coupon campaign in the list on the Admin Panel and then check the Campaign ID field. The value that you can see is your token. By clicking on that value, you are redirected to the mini-portal and you don't need to provide the token again (since it is included in the URL).
- You can use the global token. To do this, please find the Management portal button in the campaign list on the Welcome Portal. By clicking on that value, you can see the full URL of the mini-portal with the token included.
The URL of the external dashboard is based on the token (for example, if the token is 3bcd7674, the URL will be: https://apps.cloud4wi.com/fwebapps/geo_couponing/external/?token=3bcd7674. This URL must be provided to the operator. If you want revoke the possibility to access this page, just refresh the token.
The external dashboard looks like the picture below:
REST API allows you to integrate the capabilities of the Coupons application in external systems. Please check the following article: REST API.
Hiding coupons from competitors
By clicking on the Check Options button (available only for Venue Managers), the Venue Manager can set filters to hide coupons from specific categories.
Please note that if two Venues are geographically distant from each other, coupons of the first venue will be hidden in the second venue and vice versa.
From the Admin Panel, it is possible to set the following options:
- Select to hide Merchandise Categories: this option allows you to hide some categories of coupons shown on the page. Please note that only coupons created by other Venues can be hidden. On the contrary, coupons created by the Company Manager cannot be hidden.
- If selected, hide from the following geographical area: this option allows you to apply the selected restrictions per the location of a single coupon. Please note that this only affects coupons created by Venue Managers and restrictions are not applied to coupons created by the Company Manager. It is possible to choose between:
- Same city: this option hides all the coupons belonging to the previously selected categories, created at venue level and coming from the same town as the access point.
- All the network: this option hides all the coupons belonging to the previously selected categories, created at venue level, regardless of their location data.
The management of the venue is always assigned as the venue manager, and therefore it is not possible to set Management and Responsibility options.
The end-user can access the application through the App Bar. He/she can see and possibly receive coupons that have been configured by the Venue Manager.
Please note that for each coupon, there is information in the top-right corner indicating where the coupon campaign comes from.
More precisely if the coupon comes from a venue, the label "Venue" is shown. Otherwise, if the coupon comes from a higher level, the name of the city configured in the coupon campaign would be displayed.
By clicking on a single coupon, it is possible to see more details and then receive the coupon by clicking on the Get the coupon now button.