The content blocks section, accessible from Welcome Portal, allows you to create and manage the content that populate Welcome Portals created using the layout template.
Content can be associated to an information block during the creation of the Welcome Portal, or later when editing. The manager can create different types of content blocks, which will be stored in this section: the main page summarizes all content blocks in tabular form, indicating their type and date of creation.
The command toolbar provides a few features to help search and create a new content blocks, as well as access to where images are stored.
Creating a new content block
To create a new content block, click Guest Wi-Fi > Welcome Portals > Contents in the toolbar, then click the Add button. Enter the following:
- Name: name of the content block.
- Description: a short description, useful for displaying purposes.
- Align: the alignment of the content block with respect to the information block:
- Type: indicates the type of content block. Content types vary depending on their features:
- Text: publish HTML code content within a Welcome Portal block. An editor, embedded in the page, easily generates an HTML code, even for those who have no knowledge of this language.
- Image: allows adding one or more images (clickable or redirecting to a specified URL) within a Welcome Portal block. The image can be selected from those stored in the Images gallery section. This content block can now be used also as a "logo" in the appropriate logo content block.
- Facebook: can be published within a Welcome Portal block, the feed comes from a public Facebook page Learn more
- Twitter: can be published within a Welcome Portal block, the feed comes from a public Twitter account Learn more
- RSS: can be published within a Welcome Portal block, the feed comes from an external RSS source Learn more
- Slider: created within a Welcome Portal block, an image slider uses images stored in the Images gallery section.
- Login: an area created for end-users to log in within a Welcome Portal block.
- Footer: an area created to contain contacts and references within a Welcome Portal block. Please note that the all the URLs must be entered without the http:// prefix. For example: www.cloud4wi.com is the supported format and http://www.cloud4wi.com/ is not.
- CSS Class: the names of one or more CSS classes to apply to the selected content block. The names of the classes must be separated by white spaces.
Content must be defined for each language selected in the Welcome portal languages option (in the International Settings section).
Editing a content block
Each content block can be edited by clicking its name and the Edit button. When editing, you can modify the following parameters:
Additionally, parameters depend on the particular content that has been selected.
Cloning a content block
It is possible to create a new content block by cloning data from an existing block. To do this, click the name of the content block you want to clone and then click the Clone button. The form to create a new content block will open, with data already filled out from the previously selected block.
Deleting a content block
You can delete a content block only if it is not being used by any Welcome Portals in the system. To do this, click the name of the content block and then click the Delete button.