An end-user can activate an Internet Plan in two ways:
- By entering an Access code, provided by the Location Manager (Internet Plan based on access codes)
- Or by completing an online payment procedure (PayPal is one of the payment methods)
In this article, we will discuss how to enable an Internet Plan where the end-user can buy a plan by submitting an online payment.
How to configure this in the Cloud4Wi Dashboard
An Organization/Location Manager who wants to allow end-users to buy an Internet Plan through an automatic procedure should configure an Internet Plan accordingly:
- Price: the price must be greater than zero
- Self-Provisioning: this parameter must be set to Yes; this Internet Plan will be listed along with the other available plans
- Access Code: this parameter must be set to No; otherwise the end-user is prompted to enter an Access Code instead of being redirected to the online payment procedure
- Status: this parameter must be set to Enabled for the Internet Plan to be active
Please visit the article Creating a new Internet Plan for more information.
Retrieving payment details of a customer
When a transaction appears on the PayPal website, the following details about the end-user are available under the field called "Custom":
- Access point
- Internet plan
Example of a payment below.
After the end-user goes through the sign-up process, he is asked to choose and activate the Internet Plan through the Internet Plans page. This page shows all the Internet Plans available for the Location and it is available to be configured for the Self-Provisioning mode.
After clicking on the Pick and Pay button, the end-user is redirected to the PayPal page, where he can complete payment and activate the Plan.
Keep in mind that it is necessary to configure the device to allow unauthenticated end-users to reach the PayPal website. For more details, please visit: Walled Gardens for PayPal feature.