This application allows you to set up an email campaign. You can send emails to end-users that are both registered to a Location and also accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider.
Admin Panel management
To access the Email marketing application, click on the quick access toolbar on the left Manage → Apps → Marketing → Email Marketing. There are 4 sections:
- Email Templates
- Users list
In this section, you can create a new marketing campaign or edit an existing one. In the left column, you can find the campaigns saved by users and sent at least once. In the right column, you can find the campaigns saved by users but never sent.
For both cases, you have following option: send (Send again for the left column, Send now for the right column), modify () or delete () the campaign. If the campaign has been already sent, you can check statistics by clicking the Reports button.
It is not mandatory to configure SMTP server. If you leave this at default settings, in which case the sender of your campaign will be Volare. If you want to add a custom email server, click on the Settings button. Configure a source email address that will figure as the sender of the message.
If your account belongs to Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, or Outlook, select the proper domain in the Well-known SMTP drop-down menu. The system will fill out the SMTP Host, Port, and Type of encrypted connection inputs.
Otherwise, select "Custom" for this input, and manually fill in the data.
- SMTP host
- SMTP port
- whether authentication is required or not.
If SMTP authentication is required, then the following information must be specified:
- Email: the username for SMTP authentication.
- Password: the password for SMTP authentication.
- Type of encrypted connection: this indicates whether you intend to encrypt the message, or not. You can select:
- None (no encryption)
By using this window, you can send a test email to verify whether the SMTP settings are correct or not. Just enter your email address in the appropriate field at the bottom of the window and clicking the Send test button.
If SMTP data is correct, the system will prompt a message saying it's been correctly sent. Check your mailbox for the message.
Once SMTP settings are configured you can create a new marketing campaign, edit or cancel an existing one.
In order to create a new marketing campaign, it is necessary to click the New campaign button.
After that, you must follow a guided procedure prompting all necessary data to create a complete email marketing campaign. This procedure consists of three steps:
In the Setup step, you must provide the following information:
- Campaign name: the unique name for your marketing campaign.
- Email subject: the subject of the message containing your marketing campaign.
- Sender name: this is the sender name displayed in the message containing your marketing campaign.
- Reply to this email address: this is the reply-to email address set in the message.
- Email templates: specify an existing template for your campaign, or alternatively click create new one to create a new email template. The 'Creating a new email template' section in this article provides the necessary details to create a new email template.
In the Preview step, you can preview the marketing campaign that you are going to create, and check the number of recipients (registered end-users who accepted the marketing clause).
By clicking the Next button, the campaign is saved and confirmed. You are redirected to the Confirm step and you can perform the following actions:
- Send now: by clicking this button you can immediately send the email to all recipients (registered end-users who accepted the marketing clause).
- Back to the campaign list: by clicking this button you are redirected to the main page of the application without sending email messages.
- Send test: this is a "preview" feature that allows you to send the marketing campaign to your email address, allowing you to check if everything is how you want.
In this section, you can check the statistics for all the campaigns sent through the application
You can filter data by:
- Type: you can check data for all campaigns ever sent, or only for the active or deleted ones.
- Campaigns: you can check data for all campaigns or only for a particular one.
The dashboards below, depending on filters, show:
- How many messages have been correctly sent, the number of errors occurred in sending, and how many messages have been sent and read?
- The distribution in percentage between sent messages, unsent messages, and the messages that have been sent and read by the recipient.
- The number of 'total sends' of the campaign.
In this section, you will find the list of email templates that are available. For each template, the following actions may be available:
- Edit (): modify the details of the email template.
- Synchronize (): each time you modify an email template, this is updated only for the Email Marketing campaign. If the email template is also used in Triggered Campaigns, the Synchronize button appears and allows to update the template also for that application.
- Delete (): delete the email template. Please note that this button is available only if the email template is not used in Email Marketing or Triggered Campaigns applications.
For each campaign listed, the following details are listed:
- Name: the name of the template.
- Design template: the name of the predefined layout on which the template is based.
- Used in: identify where this email template is used, Email Marketing or Triggered Campaigns using this email template. Please remember that changing a currently "used" template may impact on the marketing campaigns sent to end-users.
By moving to the Users list button, you can display the list of end-users who currently are receiving marketing communications from the application. This list is calculated per the rules described in the 'Who will receive my campaigns?' paragraph.
Creating a new email template
In order to create a new email template, you can click the Email templates button in the top menu, or click create a new one in the Setup step during the creation of a new campaign.
In this way, you are redirected to a guided procedure consisting of the following four steps:
- Create template
In the Create template step, you have to specify the name of your email template.
In the Layout step, you must choose the layout for your template. Layouts are characterized by a different number and arrangement of text and image boxes.
In the Design step, it is possible to add text or images to the layout. Please note that each image box has a specific size (width and height) that is displayed on the page. If an image with a different size is uploaded, it will be resized to the size indicated.
In the Preview step, you can preview the email template. You can save or go back to previous steps.
Who will receive my campaigns?
If the application is used at Organization level, recipients are all end-users registered to all the Locations who accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider.
If the application is used at Location level, recipients are all end-users registered to the Location who accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider.
In addition, the message will be sent to the email address specified in the campaign as Reply to this email address field.
These actions can be performed by the Organization Manager or delegated to Location Manager. For further information about delegation settings, please see the article about Apps.