This feature is scheduled for retirement on June 30th, 2020. For any questions or feedback, do not hesitate to contact our team.
Heatmap dashboards allow you to localize the presence of MAC clients on a floorplan that has been previously defined in a location.
After the activation on our side has been done, you have to set up and use supported devices. Hardware manufacturers currently supported are:
- Aerohive Networks – configuration guide
- Cisco Meraki (MR series) – configuration guide
- Cisco WLC (with on-premise CMX) – configuration guide
- Ruckus Wireless (SCG, vSCG, SZ, vSZ Series) – contact us for more details
- Ruckus Wireless (Zone Director Series) – contact us for more details
- Zebra Technologies (VX, NX, RFS Controller mode) – contact us for more details
You can access Heatmap by clicking on Analytics in the toolbar on the left and then selecting Heatmap in the second level toolbar.
All the data displayed will be chosen according to the criteria selected in the search filters. By using the drop-down menus, can filter your results by:
By clicking the appropriate buttons, you can display data according to following rules:
- Timeline: data is displayed for a single day and you can select by using the search filter. By moving the cursor, you can view data for intervals of 15 minutes.
- Daily: data is displayed for a week. By moving the cursor, you can view data for a single day of the week.
- Weekly: data is displayed for a month. By moving the cursor, you can view data for a single week of the month.
By clicking the Play button, the cursor will automatically start moving through the timeline. To stop it, just click on Stop.
According to the search filter, the timeline component allows you to navigate through the day’s data. You can monitor it by:
- clicking the Play button and see the evolution during the day
- clicking the button on the timeline
- dragging the cursor to a specific time
The activity displayed for a specific time shows what has happened from the previous interval time to the selected time.
Reports / Overlay
Below the timeline, on the left sidebar, the drop-down menu allows you to choose between
In the Reports section, you can see the following data according to search filter and timeline data:
- the number of Wi-Fi devices detected
- the number of males and females
- the age range
Gender and age information is available if:
- Cloud4Wi is able to associate a MAC address to an existing customer
- If the existing customer has "Gender" and "Age" information in the People section
In the Overlay section, you are able to further filter the data displayed by Heatmap and Footfall, according to the following criteria:
- Gender (you can select "Male", "Female" and "Unknown")
- Age range (you can select "13-17", "18-24", "25-34", "35-44", "45-54", "55-64", "65+")
Heatmap / Footfall
On the right sidebar, it is possible to choose between:
- Heatmap: by selecting this mode you can display how many devices were detected in a specific area. The color range starts from blue (fewer devices) to red (more devices). When clicking Play in the timeline, you will see hot zones changing during the time.
- Footfall: see every single device located in a certain area, displayed as points. When clicking Play on the timeline, you can see how devices move around your floor.
Dashboard based on georeferenced maps
If your location has only one floor, then it is possible to skip all the configuration steps on the "Location" section on the Cloud4Wi Dashboard and use an already existing georeferenced map.
This will make things simpler for you, as you no longer will need to prepare, upload and calibrate a floor map.