Location Analytics is an application that allows you to localize the presence of MAC clients on a floorplan that has been previously defined in a venue.
In order to produce such data, you must set up and use supported devices. Hardware manufactures currently supported are:
- Aerohive Networks
- Cisco Meraki
- Zebra Technologies
You can access Location Analytics by clicking on Analytics in the toolbar on the left and then selecting Location Analytics in the second level toolbar.
All the data displayed will be chosen according to the criteria selected in the search filters. By using the drop-down menus, can filter your results by:
By clicking the appropriate buttons, you can display data according to following rules:
- Timeline: data is displayed for a single day and you can select by using the search filter. By moving the cursor, you can view data for intervals of 15 minutes.
- Daily: data is displayed for a week. By moving the cursor, you can view data for a single day of the week.
- Weekly: data is displayed for a month. By moving the cursor, you can view data for a single week of the month.
By clicking the Play button, the cursor will automatically start moving through the timeline. To stop it, just click on Stop.
According to the search filter, the timeline component allows you to navigate through the day’s data. You can monitor it by:
- clicking the Play button and see the evolution during the day
- clicking the button into the timeline
- dragging the cursor to a specific time
The activity displayed for a specific time shows what happened starting from the previous interval time, to the selected time.
Reports / Overlay
Below the timeline, on the left sidebar, the drop-down menu allows you to choose between
In the Reports section, you can see the following data according to search filter and timeline data:
- the number of Wi-Fi devices detected
- the number of males and females
- the age range
Gender and age information is available if:
- Volare is able to associate a MAC address to an existing customer
- If the existing customer has "Gender" and "Age" information in People section
In the Overlay section, you are able to further filter the data displayed by Heatmap and Footfall, according to the following criteria:
- Gender (you can select "Male", "Female" and "Unknown")
- Age range (you can select "13-17", "18-24", "25-34", "35-44", "45-54", "55-64", "65+")
Heatmap / Footfall
On the right sidebar, it is possible to choose between:
- Heatmap: by selecting this mode you can display how many devices were detected into a specific area. Color range starts from blue (less devices) to red (more devices). When clicking Play in the timeline, you will see hot zones changing during the time.
- Footfall: see each single device located in a certain area, displayed as points. When clicking Play on the timeline, you can see how devices move around your floor.
Location Analytics based on Google Maps
If your venue has only one floor, then it is possible to skip the configurations step on the "Venue" section and replace the uploaded map with a Google map.
This will make things simpler for you, as you no longer will need to prepare, upload and calibrate the floormap map.
This feature can be enabled upon request by opening a ticket in our Support Center.
Please note that this feature works only with:
- Cisco CMX
- Cisco Meraki