Proximity Marketing is an application that allows the organization/location manager to set up a campaign so messages reach end-users when they perform specific actions (e.g. after an end-user opens the Splash Page).
Admin Panel management
To access this application, click on the quick access toolbar on the left, Manage → Apps → Marketing → Triggered Campaigns. Here you can create new/edit/view a list of available campaigns.it is possible to enable a campaign to be sent at a particular
It is not mandatory to configure an SMTP server. If you leave this at default settings, then the sender of your campaign will be Volare. If you want to add a custom email server, then you need to click on the Settings button, found in the main view. Configure a source email address that will be used as the sender of the message.
If your account belongs to Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, or Outlook, you have to select the proper domain in the Well-known SMTP drop-down menu. Then the system will fill the SMTP Host, Port, and Type of encrypted connection inputs.
Otherwise, select "Custom" for this input, and manually fill in the data.
- SMTP host
- SMTP port
- whether authentication is required or not.
If SMTP authentication is required, then the following information must be provided:
- Email: the username for SMTP authentication.
- Password: the password for SMTP authentication.
- Type of encrypted connection: this indicates whether you intend to encrypt the message, or not. You can select:
- None (no encryption)
You can check if your configuration is working by clicking the Send button. If SMTP data is correct, the system will prompt a message stating it has been successfully sent.
Creating a new triggered campaign
By clicking on the Add button, you can create a new campaign through a step-by-step procedure:
- Location (active only if the "Segment" application has been enabled)
- Options (active only if the "Segment" application has been enabled)
By setting up a campaign, you can send messages to end-users. This first step defines what this event may be.
Choose from the following events:
- Nearby a Location: when the end-user is detected by the Presence service of your access points (you may need to activate this feature)
- Enter a Zone: when the end-user enters into a zone you defined (you may need to activate this feature)
- Connect: when the end-user opens the Splash Page for the first time
- Log in: when the end-user tries to log in or register on the Splash Page
- Log out: when the end-user tries to log out from the Splash Page
This step determines how the message reaches the end-user.
- Text message: if the end-user has a phone number specified and has agreed to receive marketing communications, then the message is sent to that mobile phone (if text messages are available on the location).
- Email: if the end-user has an email address specified and has agreed to receive marketing communications, then the message is sent to that email address.
Set the conditions that need to be satisfied before delivering the message.
The "Segment" application allows itself to define groups of end-users according to the conditions set. These groups are called "segments".
In this section, you can create the content of the message.
You can specify the following content types:
- Rich text: in SMS text messages you need to specify the text of the message. In emails, you need to specify the subject and the content of the message, and you can specify the sender if valid data has been specified in SMTP settings.
- Email template: it is possible to use the templates and the text created in the Email Marketing application.
When setting up your message. please consider that you should define content for each supported language.
In this last step you must confirm the choices in the previous three steps, and add the following data:
- Campaign name: the name of the campaign that you are going to create.
- Valid from: the time period during which the campaign is valid.
Once all the data has been entered, you can save the campaign by clicking on the Save button.
The campaign is then saved and displayed in the main list.
Modifying or deleting an existing campaign
You can modify the details of a campaign at a later time. To do this, click on the Edit button for the specific campaign. To delete an existing campaign, click on the Delete button for that campaign. You can also select the desired campaign using the appropriate checkbox and then click on the Bulk Actions drop-down menu and select Delete.
Displaying global statistics for your organization or location
By clicking on the Statistics button on the main page, you can get a report about the messages sent from the system to your end-users.
Filter the data by:
- Access point
On the bottom of the page you can see statistics divided into two tabs:
In the Graphs tab, on the left, you can find a line chart displaying the number of sent messages during the time interval selected in the filter above. On the right the following statistics are provided:
- Emails+SMS sent
- Emails sent
- SMS sent
- Emails read
In the Dataset tab, for each campaign submission to every single user, you can find the following data:
- Sent on
- Read on
- Clicked on
- User ID
- Access Point
Currently, it is possible to track the clicks on the links inside your messages, emails or text messages sent. You can find more information in the following article: Click Tracking for Triggered Campaigns.