This guide shows how to configure a Cradlepoint access point for Cloud4Wi.
Please note that the images contained in this article may contain outdated configuration data. Therefore, please check the data contained in the paragraph "Parameters for the Solution" at the bottom of the page, as they are certainly up to date.
In order to correctly integrate a Cradlepoint access point with the Solution, it is necessary that:
- the device is connected to the Internet
- WAN and LAN interfaces are correctly configured
- Log into the local AP interface or the Cradlepoint ECM using your credentials.
- Click on Network Settings and choose WiFi / Local networks from the drop-down menu.
- Now, scroll down to Local Network Interfaces and check the box next to the SSID you want to configure and click on Edit.
- From here, you can rename the SSID and set the Security Mode as Open. Save this setting by clicking on Submit.
- Now scroll up to Local IP Networks, check the object to configure and click the Edit button. This will open the Local Network Editor.
Please review the following sections:
- General Settings: To name the network for easy identification.
- IPv4 Settings: Set the IP address and netmask for your network and select Hotspot from the drop-down for IP routing mode.
- Interfaces: From here you can add the SSID you created earlier as available for hotspot mode.
- You can make other changes as needed for your network and then click Submit to save all these settings.
- Now we need to configure the hotspot service for redirection to the Splash Page. For this, we need to edit Hotspot Services from the System Settings menu dropdown.
- Please enter the values listed in the paragraph below called "Parameters for the Solution", as the image below may be outdated.
The Cloud4Wi Team will communicate the Shared Secret separately. The NAS ID should match the value entered as Identifier in the Cloud4Wi Dashboard.
Click Apply to save these settings.
- Scroll down to Allowed hosts/domains prior to Authentication and enter the domain names as required. Cradlepoint supports “ *.domain.com” format for walled garden entries.
As already mentioned, it is possible to set this list in the Allowed hosts/domains prior to Authentication section.
You can learn more about that by reading the following articles:
- Walled garden for the Social Login (websites/domains to open)
- Walled garden for PayPal feature (websites/domains to open)
Entering the device details into the Cloud4Wi Dashboard
If you are looking for more general information about how to configure your Access point in Cloud4Wi please read the Quick-start guide.
Parameters for the Solution
These are the parameters for the RADIUS server details. If these parameters change in the future, we will take care of informing you about new values.
Server Address 1: 188.8.131.52
Server Address 2: 184.108.40.206
Authentication Port: 1812
Accounting Port: 1813
Redirection On Successful Authentication: To the UAM server
Shared Secret / Confirm Secret: (it will be communicated by Cloud4Wi)
Login URL: https://splashportal.cloud4wi.com/?vendor=cradlepoint