Go to Manage → Settings → Preferences from the quick access toolbar on the left to set international options.
The following options are available:
- Currency: choose the currency you want to use for the selected venue.
- Default country code: choose the default international call prefix that is displayed to end-users during the registration process.
- CSV separator: indicates the character that is used as a separator in all the CSV files generated. Typically this character can be "," or ";". This option is available only for the Company and is applied to all the venues.
- Decimal mark: indicates the mark used in the Admin Panel to separate the integer part from the fractional part (for example in the Analytics section). It is possible to select "." (decimal point) or "," (decimal comma). This option is available only for the Company and is applied to all the venues.
- Default account language: indicates the default language for the Admin Panel.
- Default time zone: indicates the time zone to be used in the Admin Panel.
- Welcome Portal languages: indicates the languages that are available in the Welcome Portal management section. In order to add a new language to the Welcome Portal, you must add it here and then add it in the Welcome Portal management section, as described in Configuring the Welcome Portal: appearance, languages and public URLs.
- Admin Panel languages: indicates the languages that are available in the Admin Panel.
Please note, some languages are made available through free online translation services. Then some translations may not be accurate.
In order to overcome this limitation, the company manager can add a custom language to the Welcome Portal from scratch, or start with an existing language. This approach provides more options in the customization of the Welcome Portal. Please visit Configuring languages on the Welcome Portal for more information.
By setting the unlock option next to each configuration, the company owner can delegate configuration controls to the venue manager of each corresponding Venue.
On the contrary, setting the lock option will only let those at company level make changes, and the configuration option will not be visible to venue managers. If all configuration options of a section are locked, then the whole section is hidden from venue managers.