User Analytics gathers general information about acquired end-users.
This application is part of our software suite and can be accessed in the main menu of the Analytics section, allowing the system user to view further information about end-users’ behavior.
The toolbar on the top allows you to filter data by company / venue / access point (according to your system level) and also allows you to filter data down by dates. You are also able to export data to a .xls file.
Please note that the header toolbar displays the date and time of the last update.
Filtering data by company / venue / access point
- The MSP Owner is able to filter results by company / venue / access point
- The company manager is able to filter results by venue / access point
- The venue manager is able to filter results by access point
Filtering data by a given time interval
You can choose from the following time intervals:
- Last seven days
- Current month
- Last month
- Current year
- Last year
- Custom range
Exporting data to a .xls file
You can export all the data to a .xls file, by clicking on the Export button at the top-right corner of the page. Please note that the data included in the .xls file is based on the values selected in the filters described above.
The following charts are available captures data over the selected time interval:
- New users: this widget shows the number of acquired users and the number of total users.
- Identity source: this pie chart shows the percentage of the acquired end-users arranged by their account type (e.g. username/password, Click-through, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn etc.)
- Acquisition trend: this area chart shows how the number of the acquired users changed during the selected time interval. The percentage displayed shows how the acquired users increased from the beginning to the end.
- TouchPoints: this widget considers the email addresses and phone numbers that we got from the acquired users.
It is specified also how much the acquired users are in percentage compared to the all the existing users, and how much of them were validated.
Note: emails collected form sign up with social login are considered validated by default.
The count of email addresses validated usign the Volare process starts form Decemebr 4th 2017, so email addresses colelcetd and validated before this date are not counted in this metric..
- Marketing: this widget considers the number of the acquired end-users who accepted the Promotional Communication Policy and reports in which percentage they are compared to the existing users.
- Unlocked Wi-Fi Accounts: this widget considers the number of the acquired end-users who completed their signup or validation process and reports in which percentage they are compared to all the existing users.
- Demographics: this widget provides the gender and age distribution of the acquired end-users. Ages are grouped as:
- Geo: this widget provides the percentage of the languages and country of the acquired end-users. The count of the languages is based on the impressions (“impressions” means how many times the Welcome Portal is displayed).
- Operating System: this a pie chart indicating the distribution of the operating systems of the acquired end-users (e.g. Android, Windows, iOS, Linux etc.).
- Device model: this is a data table indicating the most common device models used by the acquired end-users to connect to the Welcome Portal. Data is displayed in percentages and is sorted in a descending order.
Device type: this chart shows the distribution of the device types of the acquired users (e.g. Tablet, Smartphone or PC).