You can customize existing Welcome Portals by going to the quick access toolbar on the left Guest Wi-Fi → Welcome Portals, click the Welcome Portal you want to edit, then click the Settings button.
Here you can configure two sections: Settings and Template options.
- Name: the name of the Welcome Portal.
- Logo: the company logo displayed in the Welcome Portal. This field is not available when Welcome Portal is created using layout option (layout provides you with the option to replace logo by creating an "Image" content block) and for some templates, including "Metro".
- Load custom stylesheet (.css): using this option, you can upload new CSS files to be used for content blocks on the Welcome Portal. To learn more about this, please read the paragraph below called More details on loading Welcome Portal CSS files. Please note that this field may not be available for some Welcome Portal templates (e.g. "Metro").
- Welcome Portal Languages: this option lets end-users choose what language they want to access the Welcome Portal in. For more details, please read the paragraph below called Welcome Portal languages.
- Default Language: the default language of the Welcome Portal. More details about this section are provided below in Welcome Portal languages section.
- Landing Page URL: Once end-users successfully login to the Welcome Portal, they can be redirected to the landing page with a public URL.
- Welcome Portal unique alias URL: through this public URL, you can directly reach the Welcome Portal for a specific venue, without having to be connected to an access point. You must give this field a unique name and the admin panel will automatically generate the public URL. This identifier needs to be unique and can’t be duplicated or used by another Welcome Portal
- Header background: this parameter sets the background for the header of the Welcome Portal. This option is only available for Welcome Portal layout.
- Header height: this parameter sets the height for the header of the Welcome Portal. This option is only available for Welcome Portal layout.
- Header background color: this parameter sets the background color for the header of the Welcome Portal. This field is not available for some templates including "Metro".
- Footer background color: this parameter sets the background color for the footer of the Welcome Portal. This field is not available for some templates including "Metro".
- Font color: this parameter sets the font color for the header and the footer of the Welcome Portal. This field is not available for some templates including "Metro".
- Button color: this parameter sets a custom color of the buttons on the Welcome Portal. This field is not available for some templates including "Metro".
By setting the unlock option next to each configuration, the company owner can delegate configuration controls to the Venue Manager of each corresponding Venue.
On the contrary, setting the gray lock option will only let those at Company Level make changes, and the configuration option will not be visible to Venue Managers. If all configuration options of a section are locked, then the whole section is hidden from Venue Managers.
For the first access to the Welcome Portal, the language displayed depends on the default language set in the browser.
Here’s how the language displayed is set:
When the Welcome Portal opens, Volare finds out what languages are set in the end-users’ browser. If the first language set in the browser exists on the Welcome Portal, then that language will be displayed.
Otherwise, the Welcome Portal is displayed in the default language that was set in the Settings section of the Welcome Portal. Please note that Volare considers only the first language set in the browser.
When end-users gain access in the future, the language displayed is determined the same way, unless the end-user specifically changed the language preference. They can do this by going to the language menu at the top-right of the Welcome Portal and selecting their preferred language. In this case, the Welcome Portal is able to remember the last language selected and display the page accordingly.
Please note that if only one language is selected in the Welcome Portal Languages option of the Admin Panel, then the language menu at the top-right of the Welcome Portal will not be displayed.
If you plan on uploading CSS files to your Welcome Portal, please take into account:
- For the correct functioning of styles, upload files with the ".css" extension in the file name.
- If you specify external resources in your CSS file, then you have to make sure that they can be loaded anytime from the Welcome Portal. You may have to add the domain name or IP address to the walled garden of your access point.
- Our Welcome Portal runs on HTTPS. If you load external resources from sites running on HTTP, then some browsers might display security alerts to end-users because of the "mixed" content HTTP and HTTPS.