You can customize existing Splash Pages by going to the quick access toolbar on the left Guest Wi-Fi → Splash Pages, click the Splash Page you want to edit, then click the Settings button.
Here you can configure two sections: Settings and Template options.
- Name: the name of the Splash Page.
- Logo: the logo of the organization that is displayed on the Splash Page. This field is not available when Splash Page is created using layout option (layout provides you with the option to replace logo by creating an "Image" content block) and for some templates, including "Metro".
- Load custom stylesheet (.css): using this option, you can upload new CSS files to be used for content blocks on the Splash Page. To learn more about this, please read the paragraph below called More details on loading Splash Page CSS files. Please note that this field may not be available for some Splash Page templates (e.g. "Metro").
- Splash Page Languages: this option lets end-users choose what language they want to access the Splash Page in. For more details, please read the paragraph below called Splash Page languages.
- Default Language: the default language of the Splash Page. More details about this section are provided below in Splash Page languages section.
- Landing Page URL: Once end-users successfully login to the Splash Page, they can be redirected to the landing page with a public URL.
- Splash Page unique alias URL: through this public URL, you can directly reach the Splash Page for a specific location, without having to be connected to an access point. You must give this field a unique name and the Cloud4Wi Dashboard will automatically generate the public URL. This identifier needs to be unique and can’t be duplicated or used by another Splash Page
- Header background: this parameter sets the background for the header of the Splash Page. This option is only available for Splash Page layout.
- Header height: this parameter sets the height for the header of the Splash Page. This option is only available for Splash Page layout.
- Header background color: this parameter sets the background color for the header of the Splash Page. This field is not available for some templates including "Metro".
- Footer background color: this parameter sets the background color for the footer of the Splash Page. This field is not available for some templates including "Metro".
- Font color: this parameter sets the font color for the header and the footer of the Splash Page. This field is not available for some templates including "Metro".
- Button color: this parameter sets a custom color of the buttons on the Splash Page. This field is not available for some templates including "Metro".
By setting the unlock option next to each configuration, the Organization Manager can delegate configuration controls to the Location Manager of each corresponding Location.
On the contrary, setting the gray lock option will only let those at Organization Level make changes, and the configuration option will not be visible to Location Managers. If all configuration options of a section are locked, then the whole section is hidden from Location Managers.
For the first access to the Splash Page, the language displayed depends on the default language set in the browser.
Here’s how the language displayed is set:
When the Splash Page opens, Cloud4Wi finds out what languages are set in the end-users’ browser. If the first language set in the browser exists on the Splash Page, then that language will be displayed.
Otherwise, the Splash Page is displayed in the default language that was set in the Settings section of the Splash Page. Please note that Cloud4Wi considers only the first language set in the browser.
When end-users gain access in the future, the language displayed is determined the same way unless the end-user specifically changed the language preference. They can do this by going to the language menu at the top-right of the Splash Page and selecting their preferred language. In this case, the Splash Page is able to remember the last language selected and display the page accordingly.
Please note that if only one language is selected in the Splash Page Languages option of the Cloud4Wi Dashboard, then the language menu at the top-right of the Splash Page will not be displayed.
If you plan on uploading CSS files to your Splash Page, please take into account:
- For the correct functioning of styles, upload files with the ".css" extension in the file name.
- If you specify external resources in your CSS file, then you have to make sure that they can be loaded anytime from the Splash Page. You may have to add the domain name or IP address to the walled garden of your access point.
- Our Splash Page runs on HTTPS. If you load external resources from sites running on HTTP, then some browsers might display security alerts to end-users because of the "mixed" content HTTP and HTTPS.