This quick-start guide will help you with basic configuration around the Volare platform and also help you to setup your access points.
What you need before starting
Before using the Volare Admin Panel, make sure you have the following:
- An access point configured to use the Splash Page (see our compatibility list here)
- The Identifier of this access point
- The MAC Address of the access point (optional for some vendors)
Let's get started.
1. Log in to the Admin Panel
Log in to the Admin Panel at https://volare.cloud4wi.com/ using your organization or location credentials.
2. Set up a new Splash Page
Once logged in, you will find an already existing Splash Page based on the Full Page template.
For complete personalization, you can create a new Splash Page from scratch. Go to Guest Wi-Fi → Splash Pages from the quick access toolbar on the left, and click on the Add button to select a new Splash Page.
You can create a new portal using a basic template or a personalized layout. Customizing a Splash Page is very intuitive, find more details in the following articles:
- Different methods to create a Splash Page
- Configuring the Splash Page: appearance, languages and public URLs
3. Configure your access point
Prior to creating your Location, you need to configure your access point. Please note, you need the Identifier and MAC Address of the access point before proceeding.
You can use this complete list of supported access point and firmware to pick the best suitable access point. For more information regarding the configuration of your access point, please check the dedicated user guides on our support page.
4. Set up a new Location
Once your Splash Page is ready and your access point is configured, you can proceed to create your Location. You can do this from the quick access toolbar on the left, click Manage → Locations and then the Add button.
Follow the wizard and fill in all the information as described below:
A. General data
The first step requires you to enter general information such the unique name for the location, its location, its business category (such as hotel, bar, etc.) and the name of the organization manager. We strongly recommended using correct information, as some applications may access and use this data.
Please note, there are two login profile templates available by default:
- Click-through access: if this template is assigned to a location, then the end-user can log in through the Splash Page without entering any credentials.
- Username and password: if this template is assigned to a location, then the end-user must provide his own access credentials or register for a new account before logging in to the Splash Page.
Similarly, location profile has two templates which will let organization managers delegate management and configuration to local location managers.
- Managed: Location manager will have limited permissions regarding what they can modify or delete.
Enter a name and description for your access point. Choose the vendor from the drop-down and enter the MAC address and Identifier (if necessary). You must enter location details for the access point so it can be monitored on the map.
For more information on how to activate an access point, please read How to add an access point.
Please wait for the completion message before navigating away from the Location wizard.
5. Internet Plans
Once users successfully login through the Splash Page, they need to be assigned an Internet Plan, which controls the access parameters in terms of duration, payment, and bandwidth. Click on Guest Wi-Fi → Internet Plan from the quick access toolbar on the left, and choose from one of the pre-existing plans or create a new custom one.
- One Shot: These are one-stretch plans that expire after a defined period of time.
- Recurrent: These plans can be set as recurring on a timely basis. You can also set the Validity to expire after a given period of time or a specified date.
6. App Bar
All pre-existing Splash Page templates include an App Bar. When setting up Splash Pages, applications can be assigned to the App Bar so end-users can gain access to them. By default, the App Bar is managed at the Organization Level but can be delegated to Location Managers.
To add apps to the App Bar, go to Manage → Apps → Guest Wi-Fi from the sidebar and click on the App Bar icon. Here you can drag and drop applications from the collection into the App Bar.
Each of the apps in the App Bar can be configured individually by clicking on their respective icons.
7. Additional Options
You can access the Apps section through the quick access toolbar Manage → Apps: activate and manage your apps here. You need to decide beforehand if the Organization or Location Manager will manage the apps.
The Admin Panel comes with default country, language and branding options. These options can be changed to match your regional specifications.
You can edit this information by clicking Manage → Settings → Preferences from the quick access toolbar on the left.
From here, you can manage:
- International settings: Set international options such as time zone, currency and language options. Find more information here.
- Branding: Brand the Admin Panel by uploading your logo.
- Communications: Customize the notifications sent out by the system for triggers like access credentials for end-users, password recovery for end-users, access credentials for the organization, access credentials for location and etc.
- Gateway: Enable online payments (we currently support PayPal).