Due to some recent changes to the ExMaster software, the existing integration is not working. Our team is refreshing the integration procedure.
Contact our team for further information.
This guide shows how to configure an EnGenius access point for Cloud4Wi by using the ezMaster cloud controller.
Please note that the images contained in this article may contain outdated configuration data. Check the data contained in the "Parameters for the Solution" section at the end of this guide for the most up-to-date data.
The configuration procedure has been performed and tested on an EnGenius EWS310AP access point.
The following access point models are supported:
The following firmware versions have been tested:
- ezMaster version 0.9.24
- Controller version 1.6.15
- AP firmware v.2.0.263-c1.6.12
Before integrating the controller with Cloud4Wi, make sure that:
- the access point is connected to the Internet and reachable on the network
- the access point has an IP address assigned (DHCP or static) and it is reachable through the network
Logging in to ezMaster Cloud Controller
Open http://ip_address_sent_from_Engenius in a web browser and log in. You will be redirected to the dashboard.
Creating a new project
Click on the icon Project at the top of the page (highlighted below in green) and find the page where you can create a new project.
Choose a project name (for example: Cloud4wi) and click Apply.
Configuring Captive Portal Profile
Click on the menu HotSpot Service and then on Captive Portal.
You will be redirected to the page below.
By clicking on the Add button, you are redirected to a page that allows you to add a new profile. The page is divided into 4 sections:
- Profile Information
- Authentication Type
- Splash Page and Redirect Behavior
- Walled Garden
We are going to provide detailed instructions for each section.
- Within the Profile Information section, you have to enter the name of your profile (for example “Cloud4Wi”)
- Within the Authentication Type section you have to configure the following parameters (to get the updated values, please check the section called "Parameters for the Solution" at the end of this guide):
- Third-party Authentication
- Auth Type
- Primary RADIUS Server
- Secondary RADIUS Server
- RADIUS Port
- RADIUS Secret
- Enable RADIUS Accounting
- Accounting RADIUS Server
- Accounting RADIUS Port
- Accounting RADIUS Secret
- Accounting RADIUS Interval
- Within Splash Page and Redirect Behavior, configure the following parameters (to get the updated values, please check the section called "Parameters for the Solution" at the bottom of this page):
- Splash Page > External Splash Page URL
- Redirect Behavior > Redirect users to a specified URL after Login
- In the Walled Garden section, you can set hosts or a range of IP addresses that can be visited by end-users even without being authenticated. You must enter a value or a set of comma-separated values.
*.cloud4wi is a required entry, otherwise the redirection will not work correctly.
Please consider also the following articles:
Entering the device details into the Cloud4Wi Dashboard
For EnGenius devices, the Cloud4Wi Dashboard requires only the MAC address. The Identifier field is not required.
In order to add a new access point to the system, see How to add an access point.
Parameters for the Solution
Find the updated parameters to enter when configuring your device.
In HotSpot Service → Captive Portal → Authentication Type:
- Third-party Authentication → flagged with the default value Cloud4Wi (for development use)
- Auth Type → CHAP
- Primary RADIUS Server → 126.96.36.199
- Secondary RADIUS Server → 188.8.131.52
- RADIUS Port → 1812
- RADIUS Secret → (it will be communicated by Cloud4Wi)
- Enable RADIUS Accounting → flagged
- Accounting RADIUS Server → 184.108.40.206
- Accounting RADIUS Port → 1813
- Accounting RADIUS Secret → (it will be communicated by Cloud4Wi)
- Accounting RADIUS Interval → 600
In HotSpot Service → Captive Portal → Splash Page: