This guide shows how to configure a SP-AC750 access point through IgniteNet cloud controller for Volare (https://cloud.ignitenet.com/welcome/login).
Please note that the images contained in this article may contain outdated configuration data. You must check the data contained in the article "Parameters for the Solution" at the bottom of the page as they are up to date.
The configuration procedure can be applied to the following firmware version: 1.1.3+.
For this article we used an IgniteNet SP-AC750 access point running the following firmware version: 1.2-10484
Before integrating the controller with Volare, it is necessary to have:
- the access point connected to the Internet and reachable on the network
- An IP address (DHCP or static) assigned to the access point and be reachable through the network
- A valid IgniteNet cloud Controller account
Logging into the IgniteNet Cloud Controller
Login to https://cloud.ignitenet.com/welcome/login by using your web browser. Then you are redirected to the dashboard.
Creating a new site
Please click on Choose a Site... under CLOUD MENU and then select Create a new site.
Then proceed with creating a site.
Enter a name for your site (for example: Cloud4Wi) and click Save.
Configuring the HotSpot
After clicking the menu HotSpot (Site Menu → Configuration → Advanced Setup → HotSpot) you are redirected to a new page where you can create a new profile. This page consists of the following sections:
- Radius Server
- Captive Portal
- Auth Exceptions (Walled garden)
- Within the HotSpot section, please set HotSpot Enabled to ON.
- Within the Radius Server section, you have to configure the following parameters (to get the updated values, please check the section called "Parameters for the Solution" at the bottom of this page):
- RADIUS Server Address
- Backup RADIUS server address
- RADIUS server shared secret
- RADIUS server auth port
- RADIUS server acct port
- Enable RadSec
- Auth method
- Within the Captive Portal section, you have to configure the following parameters (to get the updated values, please check the section called "Parameters for the Solution" at the bottom of this page):
- Captive portal URL
- Captive portal secret
- Within the Walled Garden section it is also possible to set some hosts or a range of IP addresses that can be visited by end-users even without being authenticated. You must enter a value, or a set of comma-separated values.
Please consider also the following articles:
Registering a new device
Click on Site Menu on the left sidebar and then click on the button ADD DEVICE.
In the subsequent page you have to register your access points and enter some data, such as serial number, MAC address,etc. Choose Enterprise as Configuration Policy and then click SUBMIT.
After the operation is completed, you will see a success message.
Entering the device on the Admin Panel
For IgniteNet devices, the Admin Panel requires only the MAC address. The Identifier field is not required. In order to add a new access point to the system, please see How to add an access point.
Parameters for the Solution
Below you can find the updated parameters to enter when configuring your device.
- HotSpot enabled → ON
- RADIUS Server Address → 184.108.40.206
- Backup RADIUS server address → 220.127.116.11
- Radius server shared secret → (it will be communicated by Cloud4Wi)
- Radius server auth port → 1812
- Radius server acct port → 1813
- Enable RadSec → OFF as default value
- Auth method → CHAP
- NAS ID → (this value is not important, feel free to leave it blank or set any value)
- Captive portal URL → https://splashportal.cloud4wi.com
- Captive portal secret → Cloud4Wi-IgniteNet