Offer allows businesses to create promotions that can be distributed across multiple channels.
The tool is purely a content manager, it doesn’t include a campaign orchestration. The Offers can be distributed using the Triggered Campaigns, via SMS or Email.
In this example, we incentivize visitors to subscribe to the marketing program promising a discount that will be delivered with an Offer. You'll receive an email and a text message with the offer.
The main page of the tool shows the list of current Offers and allows to:
- Create new offers
- Edit or delete existing offers
- See analytics of each offer
- Export logs of redeemed offers
At the top of the page you can see aggregated metrics about your offers:
- Total sent: the total number of sent offers
- Total opened: the total numbers of opened offers
- Total redeemed: the total number of redeemed offers
The same metrics are also displayed for each individual offer on the list.
If the Offer is currently being used by a campaign in the Triggered Campaign, you won't see the options to delete it.
If you edit an existing Offer, the changes affect the current campaigns that are using that offer.
The Export button allows you to export the logs of all the redeemed offers into a CSV file.
Creating a new offer
Creating a new offer is very simple. Clicking on the "New Offer" button brings you to a screen where you can configure the following parameters:
- Offer Name: to identify the offer internally
- Image: the main image of the offer
- Title: the headline of the offer
- Details: the description of the offer
- Text message content: in case the offer will be delivered in a text message, you can define the content of the text into this field. The link to the offer is appended automatically at the end of your message
- Code Type: here you can decide how the offers can be tracked. You can either let the system generate a random code or upload an image (for example a bar code)
- Expiration: if you enable the expiration you can set the number of days the offer will be valid starting from the date it is delivered to a customer. When delivering the offer, the system calculates the expiration date and shows a plain expiration date to the customer
The customer experience
Offers can be delivered by scheduling campaigns in the Triggered Campaign tool. The customer experience changes depending on whether the campaigns are distributed via email or SMS
In the email, the customer can directly see the content of the offer and a button to Redeem it. In the text message, the customer has a link that, if clicked, opens a web page with the content of the offer and the button to redeem it.
When the customer clicks on the Redeem button, an alert page notifies the customer that he needs to be in front of the clerk to redeem the Offer. When it is redeemed, a confirmation page is displayed and it is necessary to show it to the clerk. The page is valid for 30 minutes, then the customer will get a message saying that the offer has been redeemed already.
How to use images as code type (bar or QR codes)
You can upload an email, such as QR or BAR code, that will be visualized in the redeem confirmation page.
This allows the cashier, for example, to easily read the code on the POS to add a discount or a specific item to the bill.
For example, in a grocery store, the BAR code for a specific coupon can be registered in the POS system and associated with a specific discount value (-$2). When a user redeems the code while on the POS, the cashier can
- simply verify that the offer is still valid by checking if the timeout is flashing
- scan the bar code on the POS to automatically add the discount to the transaction
How to use offer unique codes
When the customer redeems an offer, he is presented with a unique Offer code.
The Offer code is not required to validate and redeem the offer. The business manager can simply rely on the fact that when he sees the redemption screen the offer is valid and not expired.
We understand that when the business sends offers to customers, they want to ensure that they can track their in-store redemptions. So, we've introduced a unique code per individual offer that appears when a guest is redeeming.
The clerk can enter the offer codes into the point of sale system and then cross reference what's been redeemed in the Cloud4Wi dashboard to track all redemptions. This provides the business owner with a tool to make sure that the cashiers do not give away fake offers.
Schedule and deliver Offers via Triggered Campaigns
The Triggered Campaign now includes a new "Offer" button in the Content creation step. When selecting the Offer, the interface allows selecting an offer previously created in the Offer tool.