The WiFi4EU initiative provides municipalities with the opportunity to apply for vouchers to the value EUR 15 000. The vouchers are to be used to install Wi-Fi equipment in public spaces within the municipality that are not already equipped with a free Wi-Fi hotspot.
Clud4Wi Splash Page for WiFi4EU
Cloud4Wi is fully compliant with the WiFi4EU implementation guidelines. In order to qualify for the vouchers, the WiFi implementation must follow specific technical guidelines and include a dynamic code snippet in the Splash Page that allows the Agency to monitor the performances and use of the service. The Splash Page also includes by default the WiFi4EU visual identity that is required by the Agency.
The Splash Page configuration page allows you to set the "wifi4euNetworkIdentifier" parameter provided by the Agency upon approval of the application.
The Splash Page template is activated by Cloud4Wi team on demand for qualified projects.
In this official document, you can read more about the technical requirements, including minimum capabilities of the Access Point, and guidelines for the network configuration (for example the SSID name).
Here some highlights:
- According to the requirements for phase 1 of the initiative, the Splash Page should be configured with a simple "One-click access button", so you should enable only the click-through access mode in the Login Profile configuration.
- According to the guidelines, you can't use the data for marketing purposes, so you should not enable the consent collection for marketing.
- The SSID name of your network must be "WiFi4EU"
- You can't monetize the service with paid access or via advertising
- Municipalities are obliged to keep the WiFi4EU functional for 3 years