Beta program enrollment
Cloud4Wi started the Beta Program and is onboarding new clients that want to test the power of the Passpoint SDK. Click the button below to get in touch with our team and discover more about the technology and use cases.
Cloud4Wi Passpoint SDK empowers mobile apps with instant and automatic fully-encrypted WiFi connection upon arrival to enabled locations, elevating customer experience and unlocking new location-based experiences.
Seamless secure Wi-Fi
57% of shoppers use retailer mobile apps in-store and they need a fast and reliable connection. Don’t make them ask, just get them online.
Cloud4Wi Passpoint SDK empowers your app with a seamless, secure connection upon arrival in all the brand location. All your mobile users will be automatically connected and authenticated to the WiFi network as soon as they are in the rage of the network.
The automatic connection to WiFi allows Cloud4Wi to detect accurately all the customer interactions and push the relevant events to your application systems.
Using Location events you can create new location-based experiences for your mobile users. For example, you can send timely and localized promotions and messages via push notifications, you can personalize the app experience based on the store location, alert your associates and support team with a VIP customer arrives.
- Frictionless customer onboarding
You can design your own enrollment experience, asking users to activate the service or just making it happen with zero friction
- Enhanced WPA2™ security compared to open guest WiFi with Captive Portal.
- Accurate location events. Cloud4Wi detects mobile customers as soon as they arrive, stay and leave form any location and can notify your application servers to unlock new location-based experiences and services (see webhooks)
- Boost app KPIs, usage, engagement and retention. By unlocking new benefits, you are giving your users more reason to download, keep and use the app.
- Easy integration into any mobile app. We provide you a native SDK for any platform and development framework to make it faster.
For every business
Passpoint MObile SDK empowers apps of any business and vertical. Here some examples:
- Retail mobile apps
- Co-working spaces mobile apps
- Hotels mobile apps
- Banks mobile apps
- Fitness and health clubs mobile apps
- Loyalty programs mobile apps
- Casinos gaming apps
- Theme parks mobile apps
- Restaurants and food-related mobile apps
- Transport mobile apps
- Health groups mobile apps
How it works
The SDK allows the mobile app to pre-activate users in the Cloud4Wi platform and generate a local HS2.0 WiFi profile that enables the phone to automatically associate and authenticate to the hotspot 2.0 access points, even if the app is in background.
The SDK provides 3 main methods:
Create the user.
In order to authenticate the user on the network, each user has a unique account in the Cloud4Wi core authentication system, identified by a username and password. The credentials can be generated by the mobile app and sent to CLoud4wi or they can be generated automatically by the Cloud4Wi cloud authentication systems.
The method also allows passing the user contacts and demographic profile so it gets stored in the Cloud4Wi CRM for using the Cloud4Wi marketing tools.
Get User Agreements
To create a user account in the system, Cloud4Wi requires to specify also the user agreements that have been accepted by the user. Cloud4Wi allows clients to create their own custom agreements and opt-ins, so this method allows the developer to pull the list of all the possible opt-ins configured in the Cloud4Wi account so that they can be used when invoking the method to create a new user.
You can also use this method to gather the list of opt-ins and create an experience in your app to collect your customer's consent.
Generate and activate the profile
Once the user account has been pre-activated, this method allows generating a configuration profile for the user device. Note that this configuration profile can't be found in the profiles managed by the smartphone OS, so they cannot be removed manually by the users.
Bu uninstalling the app, also the WiFi is removed automatically.
Get started in 3 steps
- Setup the network
Add to your Access Point a dedicated SSID configured with hotspot 2.0 settings. We provide a step by step documentation for each certified vendor.
Add the Access Point MAC address in the Cloud4Wi Dashboard.
At the moment, the following vendors have been certified: Cisco Meraki, Cisco WLC, Ruckus, Cambium Networks, Aerohive. We are working to support other WiFi vendors, if the vendor you are using is not in this list get in touch with us.
- Install and integrated the SDK
Get the authorization token form Cloud4Wi and install the SDK following the user guide.
You can develop any enrollment flow that you like (such as a button, a form or an additional opt-in) or just make it completely transparent to the user.
The SDK is available for IOs, Android, Apache Cordova and React Native. The SDK code, technical documentation, and examples are published on a GitHub repository. At this time, the access is restricted to the participants of the Beta Program.
- Receive Location Events
Form the Cloud4Wi Dashboard, you can enable the webhooks that you are interested in and send the notifications to your application servers.
Learn more about the webhooks.
Try the demo mobile app
In order to let you test the possible experience before starting to code, we developed a demo mobile app (for IOs and Android) that allows you to see the experience and even run a real-life proof of concept. Contact us to learn more and get started with Passpoint SDK.
Not only mobile apps..
If you don't have a mobile app but still want to bring the benefits of Passpoint to all your customers, you can use other channels to invite the user to download a configuration profile on their device that will make their device automatically connecting to the network whenever they are in range.
- Email or SMS: invite your customers to enroll in the service via email or SMS. You can send the message when they register online, when they book their visit and connect it to any web form using our dedicated APIs.
- In-store QR codes: by scanning a QR code, customers reach an onboarding portal where you can collect their profile and consent and immediately download the profile on their device.
- Captive Portal: you can also leverage the standard captive portal to invite users to unlock the benefit of the Passpoint connection, inviting them to download the profile during the WiFI onboarding
To learn more about the above use cases and technology, please contact our team.