The Cloud4Wi Compass for Marketing Cloud application is available in Salesforce AppExchange for Marketing Cloud and includes Cloud4Wi Compass standalone solution and a dedicated connector that implements a specific data integration with Marketing Cloud.
Each Contact Profile in Compass is defined by contact and demographic attributes as well as profiling attributes (for example the most visited store, the preferred days of store visit). These profile data can be leveraged in Marketing Cloud to empower the targeting of digital campaigns to make them more relevant and aware of the context of the customer. Cloud4Wi Compass keeps track of the customer's visits and interactions in every store, every they go back and based on these data keeps evolving the profile of each user to make it reacher and more accurate.
How it works
When you have the app installed and configured into your Marketing Cloud Org, every time you collect a new Contact Profile form the Cloud4Wi Compass solution, it is synced in real-time with a dedicated Data Extension (called c4w_customers_sync).
Whenever a relevant change to a Contact Profile is detected on Cloud4Wi Compass, the app pushes a real-time update to the same record already present in the data extension.
Step by Step setup Video
- Install the app
Look for Cloud4Wi Compass for Marketing Cloud on the AppExchange, click on the “Get it now” button. On the pop-up window accept the terms and click Contact me.
Our team will be notified and will reach you with further instructions to get a Cloud4Wi Compass account and to install the app on your Org.
- Connect you Cloud4wi Compass account
Once installed, you’ll find the Cloud4Wi Compass for Marketing Cloud app in the AppExchagne menu. When you open the app for the first time, the app asks you to login with your Cloud4Wi Compass account.
Upon successful authentication, the page will confirm that you successfully connected your Cloud4Wi Compass account. The app automatically creates a new Data Extension called c4wi_customer_sync in your Organisation to host contact record data.
An additional data extension is created (C4W_moments) for storing the data of the real-time events.
- If you want to take full advantage of the Cloud4Wi solution and use the location-based moments to trigger the journey, you need to manually create an Entry Source.
Go To Journey Builder > Entry Sources and click New Event. Select API Event as an event type.
In the following step, set a name for your Event and make sure to copy the "EVENT DEFINITION KEY".
In the following step, select the Data Extension named C4W_moments.
Leave the next step as it is and complete the wizard.
- Enable the data sync
As the last step, you need to access your Cloud4wi Compass account and manually enable the data synchronization.
From the main dashboard, go to Marketplace > Connectors > Salesforce Marketing Cloud
In this screen, you simply have to enable the switch next to the "Contacts sync" option.
If you want to trigger Journey Entry Events with Cloud4Wi Moments, enable the Moment options and enter the Event Key in the input.
- The real-time data synchronization is active! From now on, every time you collect a new Contact or every time an existing Contact gets updates, it will be synched in real-time with the data extension in your Marketing Cloud Org.
Can I sync existing records already
Yes. By default, the app also performs batch sync of all the records that are already in the DB at the moment the app is installed.
Can I sync only the Contact Profile that matches certain rules?
Not yet. This version of the app doesn’t allow you to set any filter on the Contact Records to by synched, so you have to use filtering rules on Marketing Cloud to filter out the records you don't want to you in your marketing campaigns.
We are working on the next version of the app that will allow selecting a Segment as a filter of the Contact Profiles to be processed.
What happens if I delete the data extension?
If you accidentally delete the data extension in your Org, the data sync will fail. Contact your Cloud4Wi support team to get further instructions.
Can I edit the data extension?
If you edit the data extension, for example removing an attribute, the data sync might not work anymore, so we suggest to not edit the c4w_customers_sync data extension manually.
Can I decide what attributes to include in the data extension?
At this time the data extension is created automatically with a predefined set of attributes.
We are working on a new release where you’ll be able to decide what attributes to include in the settings of the data sync activity.
What are the attributes available in the data extensions?
Here the list of all the attributes available by default in the data extension:
- id: a unique identifier of the customer used in Cloud4Wi Compass
- created: date of Contact Profile creation (example: 11/11/2016 7:26:27 AM)
- modified: date of the last change to the Contact Profile record (example: 11/11/2016 7:26:27 AM)
- firstname: first name (example: Ivan)
- lastname: last name (example: Muccini)
- year_of_birth: year of birth (example: 1980)
- date_of_birth: date of birth (example: 8/8/1980 12:00:00 AM)
- gender: gender (example: male)
- email: email address (example: email@example.com)
- phone: phone number, including the international prefix (example: +141562342420
- title: title (example: Mr.)
- email_validated: True if the email has been validated
- phone_validated: True if the phone number has been validated
- marketing_consent: True if the customer has given the marketing consent
- langauge: language of the customer (example: en)
- country: country of the customer (example: Italy)
- regitration_location_id: identifier of the location where the customer has registered