Cloud4Wi Passpoint solution allows you to offer instant Wi-Fi access upon arrival after a one-time activation step, plus a fully encrypted connection at every brand location.
Passpoint utilizes the Hotspot 2.0 specification to deliver a connected guest experience that is simpler, smarter, and more secure.
Cloud4Wi offer a complete toolkit to enable Passpoint on consumer devices via multiple touchpoints:
- Web-based onboarding
- WiFi SDK for mobile apps
- Setup your Passpoint configuration
- Configure your WiFi hardware with Passpoint parameters
- Personalize the Download Page
- Create an OSU Page
Setting Up Passpoint
Go to Guest WiFi > OSU Portals to configure your Passpoint service.
On the Network Parameters section, there are two simple parameters to configure
- Operator name: this parameter is used only in certain screens of the download page to communicate to the end-user the name of the network he can use in case he wants to connect manually to Passpoint
- Network domain: this is a technical parameter that must match with the configuration of the hotspot 2.0 setting in the WiFi hardware configuration
Follow the user guide of the Download Page and OSU Page to configure their related settings.
Web-based profile onboarding
The provisioning of Passpoint on a mobile device requires the download of a Wi-Fi Profile from a web page. The download can occur in any place, the user doesn't have to be located where the WiFi service is provided. For this reason, the web experience URL to download the WiFi profile can be distributed via any channel:
- Qr codes
- Text Message
- Guest Wi-Fi captive portal
Moreover, thanks to this flexibility, you can invite all your Contacts, new and existing, to enroll in the service:
- sign-up new Contacts and invite them right away (for example via an on-site QR code)
- invite existing Contacts you have in your CRM (via email, SMS or web banners)
- invite new Contacts signing up via existing touchpoints (such as loyalty program sign up or an online ticketing/reservation systems
App-based profile onboarding
Using Cloud4Wi WiFi SDK, you can empower any mobile to automatically get connected whenever in range of a network of the brand. For devices that don't support Passpoint, the WiFi SDK can switch to a WPA-2 Enterprise mode that is universally supported.
The SDK is modular and leaves flexibility to the app developer to implement any onboarding user experience.
Here are some use cases:
- Healthcare groups apps: patients get WiFi when they arrive at the clinics/doctors
- Retail apps: reliable WIFi connectivity while shopping
- Transportation group apps: seamless on-board / platform WiFi for mobile app users
- Hotel apps: online without asking when guests arrive
- Entertainment apps (museum, parks): better coverage and service
- City/Municipality apps: free seamless WiFi for citizens and tourists
- Clubs: members of a club (like a group of fitness, spas, etc..) can get automatically connected to WiFi when on-site without even asking for WiFi
To learn more about the SDK read the articles in the WiFi SDK section.