Cloud4Wi Passpoint solution allows you to offer instant Wi-Fi access upon arrival after a one-time activation step, plus a fully encrypted connection at every brand location.
Passpoint utilizes the Hotspot 2.0 specification to deliver a connected guest experience that is simpler, smarter, and more secure.
Cloud4Wi offers a complete toolkit to enable Passpoint on consumer devices via multiple touchpoints:
- Web-based onboarding via online pages (off-network) or via captive portal (on-network)
- WiFi SDK for mobile apps
The provisioning of Passpoint on a mobile device requires the download of a Wi-Fi Profile from a web page. The download and installation of the profile could occur in any place, the user doesn't have to be located where the WiFi service is provided or connected to a WiFi network.
Cloud4Wi allows to creation of Passpoint Onboarding Portals that can be reached via dedicated URLs that can be distributed via any out-network channel:
- Qr codes
- Text Message
The Onboarding Portals have been optimized to support multiple use cases and workflows, such as:
- sign-up new Contacts and invite them right away (for example via an on-site QR code)
- invite existing Contacts you have in your CRM (via email, SMS or web banners)
- invite new Contacts signing up via existing touchpoints (such as loyalty program sign up or an online ticketing/reservation systems
App-based profile onboarding
Using Cloud4Wi WiFi SDK, you can empower any mobile to automatically get connected whenever in range of a network of the brand. For devices that don't support Passpoint, the WiFi SDK can switch to a WPA-2 Enterprise mode that is universally supported.
The SDK is modular and leaves flexibility to the app developer to implement any onboarding user experience.
Here are some use cases:
- Healthcare groups apps: patients get WiFi when they arrive at the clinics/doctors
- Retail apps: reliable WIFi connectivity while shopping
- Transportation group apps: seamless on-board / platform WiFi for mobile app users
- Hotel apps: online without asking when guests arrive
- Entertainment apps (museum, parks): better coverage and service
- City/Municipality apps: free seamless WiFi for citizens and tourists
- Clubs: members of a club (like a group of fitness, spas, etc..) can get automatically connected to WiFi when on-site without even asking for WiFi
To learn more about the SDK read the articles in the WiFi SDK section.
- Setup your Passpoint configuration for web-based onboarding
- Configure your WiFi hardware with Passpoint parameters
- Personalize the Download Page
- Create an Onboarding Portal
- Empower mobile apps via WiFi SDK