The Cloud4Wi Email Validation Add-on intercepts invalid emails during the registration flow and ensures that an email address actually exists. A misspelled email is sometimes a missed customer. Fake emails can be a liability. The Cloud4Wi Email Validation Add-on capability is turned on during the WiFi onboarding process.
Intercepting invalid email in real-time provides multiple benefits:
- Quickly catches misspellings
- Improves the probability of collecting only valid emails
- Replaces the necessity of a post-process validation using external tools
- Boosts data quality and overall quality control
- Lowers bounce rate under thresholds required by most ESPs
- Identifies and removes spam trap emails from your list
- Removes known abusive addresses that often mark emails as spam
- Removes emails from domains that don't accept email.
- Identifies the commonly misspelled email domains
The customer experience
The email validation add-on allows validating in real-time the email provided by the customers during the registration process. If the email is not valid, the user is prompted to a page that invites him to review the email address before proceeding.
How it works
The Cloud4Wi Email Validation Add-on performs multiple checks on the email address, including:
- Domain validation: Checks the ISPs and detects all emails with invalid, inactive, parked domains.
- SMTP validation: Checks the existence of the emails on the real SMTP server resolving the MTA (Mail-Transfer-Agent) to a correct MX Server (with a valid hostname using the IP address) and then executes an SMTP transaction for checking email existence
- Hard and soft bounce checker: SMTP validation detects the “hard bounces” - that means the recipient's email address is invalid or no longer in use - versus “soft bounces” - for example, the mailbox is full
- Syntax errors validator (RFC validation): the Syntax error checker detects emails with invalid syntax according to the RFC 822 standards
Interested in this add-on?