In this guide, we will see how to configure an Aruba Networks device in the "Aruba Central”
Please note that the images contained in this article may contain outdated configuration data. Therefore, please check the data contained in the article "Parameters for the Solution" at the bottom of the page, as they are certainly up to date.
The first step is to add an SSID.
Configuring the guest access
Please click on + sign to add a new captive portal profile.
Please set these fields with the updated parameters that you can find in the paragraph below called "Parameters for the Solution".
Setting RADIUS configuration
To set the RADIUS configuration you must click on the + sign under security tab on the main page.
By clicking add a new RADIUS server, you can edit its configuration: you must set the following data with the values indicated in the paragraph "Parameters for the Solution".
- Key: (it will be communicated by Cloud4Wi)
- Auth Port
- Acct Port
In the same page, it is possible to configure the walled garden.
Please note that it is mandatory to set the following entry: cloud4wi.com. Otherwise, the redirection to the Splash Page will not correctly work.
You can learn more about that by reading the following articles:
- Walled garden for the Social Login (websites/domains to open)
- Walled garden for PayPal feature (websites/domains to open)
The next step is configuring the access rules. This setting can be found under the "Access" tab.
Select the "Role Based" and add the roles. Please note that by default you should allow any on cloud4wi.com domain. If you want to use social logins, please add the same domains from walled garden here.
Assign the created role to the Pre Auth role.
Parameters for the Solution
Below you can find the updated parameters to enter when configuring your device.
- IP for Hostname: splashportal.cloud4wi.com
- Redirect URL: https://splashportal.cloud4wi.com
- Authentication Type: RADIUS Authentication
- Authentication server 1 → Host: 220.127.116.11
- Authentication server 1 → Port: 1812
- Authentication server 1 → Secret: (it will be communicated by Cloud4Wi)
- Authentication server 1 → Host: 18.104.22.168
- Authentication server 2 → Port: 1812
- Authentication server 2 → Secret: (it will be communicated by Cloud4Wi)
- Accounting server 1 → Port: 1813
- Accounting server 2 → Port: 1813
- NAS Identifier: you have to enter the MAC address of the device without any separator (e.g. 000456XXXXXX)