The MailChimp Connector allows you to synchronize your Contacts into existing MailChimp lists.
The Connector runs every day and by default will synch only new Contacts with Marketing Opt-in. On the first setup, the connector has the option to synch immediately all the valid existing Contacts.
1. Find the MailChimp connector on the Connectors page, click on the card and then select "Use Integration"
2. Click on the button "+Connect your MailChimp"
3) follow the instructions to authenticate with your MailChimp account in the pop-up.
4) In the Setup step, select the target List where to synch Contacts into
If you select "Create a new List", on the next screen you can enter the name of your new list.
5) Next screen you can select the target list. You can then decide if to sync all previous contacts at the first execution or only the new one.
7) On the next screen you have the option to initialize new fields on your MailChimp account automatically to host the data sent from Cloud4Wi.
8) Finally, you can map the attributes available in Cloud4wi with MailChimp fields. By default, First Name, Last Name and email are mapped with the default MailChimp fields.
9) Done! You Contacts will be synced once a day. If you want to change the target list, you can always open the Connector and click Settings to change the target list.
How to Configure a Campaign in MailChimp
Create a campaign with a trigger "A subscriber joins your list, LISTNAME."
Make sure to check the checkbox "Trigger when subscribers are imported".
Important: make sure to create your campaign AND BRING IT LIVE (e.g. in status "paused"), BEFORE you start adding contacts to the list in MailChimp using Blendr.io.
This is because the campaign will only process contacts that were added to the list AFTER the campaign was created AND AFTER the campaign was put live (meaning not in status "draft").
1. Does the connector works in real-time?
This version of the connector works with daily synchronization. If you are interested in real-time use cases, please contact our team.