The Salesforce Connector allows you to synchronize your Contacts into your Salesforce Contacts.
The Connector runs every hour will synch Contacts that match the selected Segments. Depending on the Connector settings, you can decide to only add new Contacts (if not existing) or also to update the existing ones.
1. Find the Salesforce connector on the Connectors page, click on the card and then select "Use Integration"
2. Click on the button "+Connect your Salesforce"
3) Follow the instructions to authenticate with your Salesforce account in the pop-up.
On the first pop-up select if you are working on a Live or Sandbox environment.
4) In the Setting step, select the Segments you want to synch. If you leave the selection empty, all Contacts will be synched.
Note: Segment filtering is available only on Compass.
5) Select which object you want to sync your contacts with. At this time only the "Contact" object is available but will add more objects in the future.
6) In the next step, you can configure the list of Contacts attributes you want to sync with your Salesforce record. Select which Cloud4Wi Contact attributes you want to use on the left column and the matching Salesforce Contact attribute in the right column.
Finally, you can define a default value for the Last Name filed in case it is missing on the Cloud4Wi Contact (Last Name is mandatory for Contacts in Salesforce)
7) In the next step, you can configure the data synchronization strategy.
First of all, you can decide if:
- Add All Records (independently if they are already in the system)
- Add only New records (in this case, the matching rules will be configured in the next step)
Then, you can configure if to update existing records or not.
8) If you have selected options in the previous step that requires to identify matching existing records, you can define the matching criteria, selecting what fields you want to use to identify existing records, choosing between email and phone.
9) If you opted for updating matching records, in the next step you can decide the list of fields to be updated.
Select from the left column the Cloud4Wi Contact fields you want to use and the matching Salesforce Contact attributes on the right column.
10) Done! You Contacts will be synced once a day. If you want to change the target list, you can always open the Connector and click Settings to change the target list.
Salesforce license requirements for API access
Cloud4Wi uses the Salesforce REST API to access Salesforce. API access is included in following Salesforce editions:
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- Developer Edition
- Performance Edition
API access is not included in following versions:
- Professional Edition: API access can be purchased from Salesforce
- Essential Edition
You can sign up for a Developer edition free trial here:
To find your current edition, in Salesforce go to Setup > Company information.