With the term "Moments" we refer to the real-time events corresponding to certain interactions and behaviors of individuals that can be leveraged to create contextual and personalized experiences.
Compass detects moments of the customer journey using multiple technologies, which allows illuminating both customers with and without mobile apps.
Moments are used in Campaigns as triggering events for the messaging campaigns. You can also forward Moments to an external system using the webhooks (for example to a marketing automation tool, a CRM or CDP).
- Sign Up: this event happens when an individual completes the subscription via a web portal on-site, including the first-time WiFi sign-up, but also when the Splash Page is used as a static web page (for example reached via an on-site QR code). The Sign-Up event carries metadata related to the location where the individual signs up and can be used, for example, to trigger welcome series
- WiFi Login: this event happens when an individual gets authorized on a WiFi network
- Arriving at Location: this event triggers at the moment we see any signal indicating that the individual is in the proximity of a Location.
- Enter in a Zone: this event triggers when the individual is detected within the boundaries of a Zone (either a polygon* or a virtual zone).
- Dwell: this moment can refer to an entire Location (Dwell in a Location) or in a specific Zone (Dwell in Zone*). The event gets triggered when the individual is detected within the scope of the Location (or Zone) for a minimum amount of time, which is configurable in the settings of the tool using this moment (for example the Campaigns tool or the webhooks)
- Leave: this event triggers when the individual is not detected anymore in a Location for more than 20 minutes
*Note: working with polygon zones requires a compatible network infrastructure and setup.
- Enters a geofence: triggered when the user enters a geofence
- Dwells in a geofence: triggered when the user dwells a certain time in a geofence
- Leaves a geofence: triggered when the user enters leave a geofence
- Enters work: triggered when the user enters the work location
- Working in office: triggered when the user is dwelling in its work location
- Leaves work: triggered when the user leaves the work location
- Leaves home: triggered when the user leaves the home location
- Returns home: triggered when the user returns to the home location after having left it
- Resting at home: triggered when the user is dwelling in its home location
How are Moments detected?
For non-mobile app users, Cloud4Wi uses all possible signals available to detect and classify moments, including Guest WiFi connections data, Splash Page interactions, RADIUS authentication flow from 802.1x (including Passpoint and WPA-2 enterprise), presence and location data stream coming from the WiFi infrastructure.
For mobile app users, Cloud4Wi provides a mobile SDK that uses WiFi (WiFi SDK module) to precisely detect on-site interactions, and mobile location services (Geo SDK module) to detect off-site interactions.