OSU Pages are landing pages that you can leverage for collecting customers' sign-ups, while letting them activate Passpoint at the same time.
You can build the OSU Pages with the same flexibility you are used to in building Splash Pages, including:
- Custom forms
- Multi-screen funnel
- Custom opt-ins
- Custom agreements and policies
- Contacts validation (email or phone)
Once the user subscribes through the OSU Page, he will be redirected automatically to the Download Page to download his individual Passpoint profile (the actual UX and steps depend on the device OS).
- Page URL: each page has a unique URL that you can share across your channels (email, SMS, web, QR codes, etc..). Example:
- URL Parameters: if you already know some data about the contact you are sharing the link with, you can add the following parameters in the URL so that the user created in Cloud4wi will have the same attribute in order to simplify the reconciliation of Cloud4Wi contact's data with your existing customer records.
- email: email address of the contact
- phone: phone address of the contact
- ext_id: and external id you already have associated with the contact in your systems
- location_id: if you are deploying the Sign Up page on an on-site touchpoint such as a QR code or kiosk, you can pass the Cloud4Wi location id so that you can track which location the user subscribed from
- customer_id: this is the id of a user already existing in Cloud4Wi. there may be cases where you already have a user in your Cloud4Wi account but you still need the user to accept additional consents before activating the Passpoint service. In this case, the page will simply enrich the same user matching with the user id.
- Compatibility: you have the option to immediately block the user sign-up in case his device is not compatible with Passpoint. In the alternative, you can let the user complete the signup, which you may use for marketing programs, and then notify him of the incompatibility only in the following step
You can use Sign Up pages in multiple situations. For sake of simplicity let's divide the use cases based on if you are enrolling existing contacts you may have on your systems, or deploying new touchpoints to collect new contacts.
Activating existing contacts
Let's say you already have a contact list that you acquired in past from certain touchpoints, for example, a newsletter pop-up on your website.
Technically, you could use directly the Download Page to enroll these contacts in Passpoint s described in the related article. However, if you:
- want to collect additional data on top of the email, such as the phone number
- collect additional subscriptions, such as to the loyalty program
then you may need to send a link to an OSU Page where you can configure such data and consent collection. Once the user finalizes this step, he will go directly to the Download Page to download his own profile.
To continue the above example, since you already know the contact email address, you can add the email parameter in the OSU Page link so that the contact created in Cloud4Wi will be created with the same link and you can merge the data in your CRM or CDP to create a 360 customer view.
The use case just described applies both in the case of Contact lists you collected in past as well as to new contacts that just signed up on one of your existing touchpoints and where you want to let the user go through another signup process for the reasons listed above.
Collecting and activating new contacts
You can use the OSU Page to deploy new collection experiences:
- link the page to a mobile ad campaign (social, in-app, etc..)
- publish the page on an on-site QR code
How to create a Passpoint OSU Page
Go to Guest Wi-Fi > OSU Portals to open the OSU Portals settings. Find the "OSU Page" section. Here you have to configure:
- Login profile: you can create a login profile in Guest Wi-Fi > Login Profiles with your requirements, forms, social networks, validation methods, etc..
- Splash Page: in order to customize the overall page design, you should first create a dedicated Splash Page in Guest Wi-Fi > Splash Pages and the select you page here
- Internet Plan: pick an Internet Plan that will be assigned by default to all users signing up from this OSU Page. To create a new custom Internet Plan, go to Guest Wi-Fi > Internet Plans
At the end of the section, you will see the link to your Passpoint OSU Page. You can copy the link and distribute it via your favorite channels. As described above, you can also append URL Parameters to prefill the user profile with data you already know about them.
To try the user experience, scan the following QR code with your smartphone (see the list of compatible devices here).